Views
Helpful
Replies

Beginner needs help: Config 877 Router

Biggles991
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

OK, so I am a beginner. I have an 877 that has been reset with the reset button and now I want to connect to it using my web browser or cisco config pro.

I cannot find it on my network. I can connect to it with a console cable, but I cannot find where to set the internal IP address of the puppy. Also, I don't seem to be able to set another username (default cisco/cisco gets me in with PuTTY but I can't seen to add another user).

Simple language help please. Once I get into it with the config pro I should be ok - it's that first step that I can't master.

6 Replies 6

Biggles991
Level 1
Level 1

OK, I've got as far as adding a new user. It's the default IP address that's biting me now. I cannot navigate to 10-10-10-1 on my network because it's on 192 168 5 xxx domain and rejects 10 10 10 1 . How do I change the router to 192 168 5 xxx?

Assigning ip address to the router's interface would that help?

-Vijay

I'll try...

Hi Bevan,

Could you configure 192.168.5.x under SVI VLAN 1 via CLI?

interface vlan1

ip address 192.168.5.x

Were you able to setup CCP successfully? You would need a minimum router config via CLI to get this running.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

OK!

That worked. I'm in now. Thanks to all.

that's great news and i'm glad it worked for you! please rate useful post and marked this thread as resolved. thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco