Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Telnet from router to My PC

roopesh.n
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I configured the TFTP Server in MY Machine . But when iam trieng to transfer the log from router to PC(TFTP SERVER) it's not hapening.

Then I tried to telnet to port UDP 69. it is not connecting.

below is the only access list that is in my router.

access-list 12 permit 10.10.3.59

access-list 12 permit 10.10.3.61

access-list 12 permit 10.10.3.77

access-list 12 permit 10.10.3.122

access-list 12 permit 10.10.8.157

access-list 12 permit 10.10.3.186

access-list 101 permit ip 10.10.3.0 0.0.0.255 any

access-list 101 permit ip 10.10.8.0 0.0.0.255 any

access-list 101 deny   ip 10.10.4.0 0.0.0.255 any

access-list 101 permit ip 10.10.9.0 0.0.0.255 any

My Machine ip IS 10.10.3.61

Can any one explain the problem...

Thanks

Roopesh

7 Replies 7

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Roopesh

The most common cause of the symptoms that you have is that a firewall is running on the PC and will not allow an incoming connection on port 69. Can you check to see if a firewall is running on the PC? If so, as a test, try to trun off the firewall and see if the TFTP work then.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Roopesh

Maybe you have to check the ip tftp source ip because it is possible to not have routing for the source ip of the tftp packets.

use the next command to your router

ip tftp source-interface

Hope that helps

Vasilis

HI Vasillis,

Thanks for the reply

I have added the command " ip tftp source-interface fasrethernet 0/0 (router inside interface). But result is same

Thanks

Roopesh

You can not test udp ports with telnet, only tcp port can be tested via telnet.

So the telnet to port UDP 69 is normal to not work

Check the FWL to your PC for TFTP

HTH

Vasilis

You could have the windows firewall blocking the connection, and below is a link on how you can enable your tftp server to communicate with external sources:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Open-a-port-in-Windows-Firewall

If you have an anti-virus software, with firewall on it, you will have to look at the logs on that firewall and put the source ip of your switch to be  trusted on the firewall.

I know I have a checkpoint firewall on my home pc and each time I add a device to my home network I have to allow it on that firewall to be able to communicate with my tftp server.

HI All,

But iam able to take backup from my switches and ASA to TFTP Every thing is in my network (10.10.3.0).Problem is ony from Routers Inside interfaces.(Public IP)

Thanks

Roopesh

Is it possible to test it with ftp and check if it works?

I have also faced a similar problem with tftp in the past

Try the next to your router in order to transfer the logs from the router to the PC

ftp://username:psw@X.X..X.X/test

PS: Check if PC permits ftp

HTH,

Vasilis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card