I hope someone can answer my question for me. I understand that a Microwave oven can interfare with a wireless network but is there any other devices that can interfare with the wireless network beside the Microwave oven?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
If you are looking for a reasonably priced spectrum analyzer to see 80211 interference I would check out meta geeks wispy. Great product for the price ..
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App
I understand that a Microwave oven can interfare with a wireless network but is there any other devices that can interfare with the wireless network beside the Microwave oven?
Yes and no.
1. Microwave oven can, in some cases, can affect one or a few channels in the 2.4Ghz spectrum. But there are some microwave ovens which can BLAST the entire 2.4Ghz spectrum.
2. I've seen one article about an old CRT TV that, due to a manufacturing defect, can cause issues with 2.4 Ghz TV.
5. Wifi/Mobile phone jammers
6. DECT cordless phones
I think the better question is what DOESN'T interfere with wireless networks, especially in the 2.4GHz. There are thousands of devices that can use the 2.4GHz frequency, such as:
- wireless home theater systems
- wireless whole house audio systems (sonos, logitech slim devices)
- xbox, wii, ps3 controllers
- video cameras
- any bluetooth device
Are you trying to track down issues in your network? If yes then you should look at getting either Cisco Spectrum Expert or Metageek Chanalyzer to see what is going on in the RF.