Terminal Adapter (Telnet) to Console Port Server?

Unanswered Question
Apr 3rd, 2012

Has anyone been able to connect to a device on a console port server?

Problem: the telnet session needs a crlf to be sent upon initial connect in order to trigger the device to send its login prompt. CPO cannot see the prompt and therefore times-out waiting for it to arrive

Thanks

Mike

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mwhitele Tue, 04/03/2012 - 10:19

solved - thanks to Shaun Roberts. Define \W as a user response in the target logon expects. This causes a crlf to be sent thus triggering a prompt string to be sent by the device

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Shaun Roberts Tue, 04/03/2012 - 10:20

I'll give you the solution I used to do this.

On your expect template for the Terminal connection use the regular expression "\{W}{0}" and when it detects that send a User Response of a carriage return to the terminal.

That worked when I used it

shiva.hari.om.15 Thu, 06/21/2012 - 04:22

For sending user response, what string do we need to add?

I am creating a new Expect property, putting regular expression which it will match for.

Then selecting operation type as úser response'.

After this - user response text box is enabled. What do we enter here for carriage return/Enter key?

I have tried \n, \r etc and it didnt help.

Shaun Roberts Thu, 06/21/2012 - 05:39

You can just leave it blank. The blank line user response will be sufficient. If you need further help you can open a TAC case.

mwhitele Tue, 06/26/2012 - 19:15

We've found quite a few flavours of behaviour in ConsolePort servers. Some require crlf, others don't, while some require a password before it gives you access to the requested device. The CNOAS team has just produced a console port server workflow that presents a real time web page showing activity across ports, auto-recognition of devices etc., and allows user-written CPO provisioners and configurators to be launched to service the device. Please drop me an email for more info

/Mike

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted April 3, 2012 at 8:12 AM
Stats:
Replies:6 Avg. Rating:
Views:738 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard