cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Terminal Adapter (Telnet) to Console Port Server?

Michael Whiteley
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Has anyone been able to connect to a device on a console port server?

Problem: the telnet session needs a crlf to be sent upon initial connect in order to trigger the device to send its login prompt. CPO cannot see the prompt and therefore times-out waiting for it to arrive

Thanks

Mike

6 Replies 6

Michael Whiteley
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

solved - thanks to Shaun Roberts. Define \W as a user response in the target logon expects. This causes a crlf to be sent thus triggering a prompt string to be sent by the device

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Shaun Roberts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'll give you the solution I used to do this.

On your expect template for the Terminal connection use the regular expression "\{W}{0}" and when it detects that send a User Response of a carriage return to the terminal.

That worked when I used it

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

For sending user response, what string do we need to add?

I am creating a new Expect property, putting regular expression which it will match for.

Then selecting operation type as úser response'.

After this - user response text box is enabled. What do we enter here for carriage return/Enter key?

I have tried \n, \r etc and it didnt help.

You can just leave it blank. The blank line user response will be sufficient. If you need further help you can open a TAC case.

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

Thanks Christopher. It worked.

We've found quite a few flavours of behaviour in ConsolePort servers. Some require crlf, others don't, while some require a password before it gives you access to the requested device. The CNOAS team has just produced a console port server workflow that presents a real time web page showing activity across ports, auto-recognition of devices etc., and allows user-written CPO provisioners and configurators to be launched to service the device. Please drop me an email for more info

/Mike

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: