Views
Helpful
Replies

Query regarding CME Extension mobility configuration

swati-singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

From what I have read in the "voice user-profile" configuration we give number <dn> type <ring-type>. The dn here is the extension number. My doubt here is if different ephone-dns have the same number, how can we distinguish them.

Multiple ephone-dn can have same number. "user profile" configuration is asking for only the number. How can we tell which ephone-dn it belongs to. Basically, if we want to use the call hunt feature (using preference and huntstop commands), where same number will be used by different ephone-dns and differerent ephone-dns with same number should be assigned to users so that the call rings on 1 user phone after the other (instead of all phones at same time which happens if all numbers belong to same ephone-dn), how can I achive with user-profile/extension mobility configuration.

Regards,

Swati

3 Replies 3

swati-singh
Level 1
Level 1

Could you please help me here. Please let me know if the question is not clear.

Regards,

Swati

Hi Swati,

If you run the Show run command it will display the eintire congif on the CME.

ephone x is mapped to specific MAC ids of the phones and also with specific buttons, and than later on you will map the ephone-dn x to a specific number (Directory Number).

As shown below.

c3825(config) #ephone 1

c3825(config-ephone) #mac-address 000D.BDB7.AE4A

c3825(config-ephone) #type 7960

c3825(config-ephone) #button 1:1

c3825(config-ephone) #exit

c3825(config) #ephone-dn 1

c3825(config-ephone-dn) #dual-line

c3825(config-ephone-dn) #number 2222 1

c3825(config-ephone-dn) #allow watch

c3825(config-ephone-dn) #exit

You need to do a reverse check here. From Number to ephone-dn and than to button and than to phone MAC.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answer !!

>>From Number to ephone-dn and than to button and than to phone MAC.

Hi Anand,

But, my question is: When the same Number is used by multiple ephone-dns, to which ephone-dn should I map the number?

I am asking about the Extension mobility configuration:

voice user-profile 4

user addepall password 1234

number 50004 type normal

and both ephone-dn 111 ans 112 use the same number

ephone-dn  111  octo-line

number 50004

ephone-dn-template 1

!

!

ephone-dn  112  octo-line

number 50004

ephone-dn-template 1

How should I mention in the user-profile configuration that the number 50004 is dn 111 and not 112? In extension mobility, phones/mac addresses will not have any button configuration. Users should login to their profile to get their buttons.

Regards,

Swati

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: