cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reconfiguring Single Inbox to a new Unified Messaging Service (UC 8.5.1)

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have thousands of users on several servers which need to be re-assigned to new Unified Messaging service accounts, due to throttling limits being hit on the service accounts in their BPOS_D environment.

What is the most efficient and cleanest procedure to first delete the current UM service configured to thier accounts and then to reassign/configure them to the new UM Service?  Is there a document that describes this?  What exact headings need to be used in the CSV file?

I have successfully removed UM service configurations in the past on accounts with multiple UM services,  with the following two headers:

SubscriberAlias, ServiceDisplayName

But now when I try to delete the accounts with just one UM Service assigned to it, I get an error stating:

"Unable to delete.  Reason: Could not find a unified messaging account with the SubscriberAlias:<alias> ServiceDisplayName and OptionalServiceAccountID"

I have tried the same two headers above with the OptionalServiceAccountID but still get the same message.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradley Gruesbeck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You should be able to use Bulk Administration to export the users who have a unified messaging service account (and without editing the file), run a delete on that file to remove the um service.

Does that not happen? If you're trying to delete you won't need to edit that file. If you're trying to add a new UM service to those users is when you'll need to edit the file with the new um service info and run an new import.

Let me know how that goes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Bradley Gruesbeck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You should be able to use Bulk Administration to export the users who have a unified messaging service account (and without editing the file), run a delete on that file to remove the um service.

Does that not happen? If you're trying to delete you won't need to edit that file. If you're trying to add a new UM service to those users is when you'll need to edit the file with the new um service info and run an new import.

Let me know how that goes.

Well that seems too easy straight forward :>)  Thanks for the reply I will give it a try and let you know if I have any issues.

Thank You Bradley for making a weekend of work take a few hours.  I was able to reconfigure over 35,000 accounts over 10 clusters within hours, without error.  Much appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: