cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Newly announced delay in UC500 software pack frustrating.

sossie
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco,

I notice that you have again pushed out the date for the next UC500 software pack. Last year this was comming early in the new year, then it was Feburary, then end of March, then end of April and now end of May - who knows if it will ever actually arrive.

As a Cisco partner I find this very frustrating, and I find the communication about product release quite misleading. At last years Cisco small business roadshow in my area the time frame quoted by the Cisco sales person for the new firmware was January/Feburary.

I have quoted Cisco UC500 systems to clients with the advice that Jabba would be available early this year, of course I advise the client that this is just roadmap information, but it leaves everyone a bit disappointed, and people wonder why they recommend or were recommended Cisco.

17 Replies 17

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

Simon, Our apologies for the delay in SWP. The SWP is being held up due to a single IOS bug that is across a lot of IOS platforms. A large team has been given high priority to close out that issue and we are hoping to release soon. I would request to kindly be part of a beta that we will open up next week.

I didn't see your reply before I posted, thanks for the update.  When is the current planned release, end of May?  I'd be happy to try the beta on a demo box.

Navin X Albert wrote:

Simon, Our apologies for the delay in SWP. The SWP is being held up due to a single IOS bug that is across a lot of IOS platforms. A large team has been given high priority to close out that issue and we are hoping to release soon. I would request to kindly be part of a beta that we will open up next week.

Is this beta program happenning now ?

totalhome
Level 1
Level 1

Another partner here who was thinking along with my clients that beginning of April was when the software pack would arrive (After originally telling clients early 2012*). 

What's the problem?  What's the solution?  I'm would think Cisco isn't happy with not having this done.  Hopefully someone is giving this extra attention with the goal of a remedy and a future remedy.

Cisco has a responsibility to make sure the SP meets standards but also for all the stake holders Cisco has a responsibility to deliver on what's communicated.

This situation is a miss, +1 to Simon.

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco's estimates are pretty much never accurate. You can take any estimated date, and add 6 months. If you want to plan for the worst case -- add a year. For many things Cisco refuses to give an estimate... I've learned to translate this to either "never" or minimum of a year out.

Though it depends on the platform -- the UC500 is by far the slowest moving of the SMB products.

UC320 seems to be quick to fix critical bugs, but a bit slower to add features.

I have to say though that this statement excludes the on-plus team, which has been phenomonal.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am not sure where people have gotten their time frames from, But every road map I have seen so far has shown a May release for SWP 8.5 can I ask where you Have seen official documentation stating any other date? I know CCA 3.2 was slated for early 2012 release which it was released in Q1 of this year.

As for the UC-320, well this is an entirely different beast developed by an entirely different team. The UC-320 uses Linux as its Operating System, with various other components In the back end... This means that bug resolution should be quick turn around times as opposed to IOS, which is a monster operating system, and feature updates will be longer because of longer QA processing times (Not that this has helped every time a new feature comes out :-) )

Personally given the amount of bugs IOS currently has for CME based appliances, I would rather they take much longer before they do a public release and clear out some of the nonsense that is plageuing it, and give the market a 90%+ clean release :-) ... But that's just me :-)

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David, look at the thread in Documents, SWP 8.6 has been delayed (and the document amended) three or four times by now, so people is understandably disappointed.

Hi Paolo,

Yeah I have been monitoring the roadmap to see how things were going, I do

distinctively remember though that at some point in December it had the 8.5

listed/slated for may, but now they have 8.6.X slated so 8.5 would appear

to not be getting release and would stay as an internal release.

I understand people are disappointed but they and everyone else should know

this game, we have all been in this industry a long time and we also know

that premature releases are a massive problem for us all.

Better they delay it and get it right then give us a puss bucket system

right?

Cheers,

David.

On Apr 9, 2012 3:16 PM, "p.bevilacqua" <

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

I agree with Simon, this has been postponed several times. Of course we don't want a full of bug release, but anyway, we are giving our customers the dates that are on roadmap, and then advise delay, and then advise another delay.

SWP 8.3 was supposed to be released with Jabber support. Then it was cancelled and SWP 8.6 was to be released in May 2012.

Hello guys, now it's 1st of June.

What will we get? Another delay or finally the SWP????

Fred

There has been a delay in posting due to some technical difficulties. The software pack will be posted June 4th. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience. Please email cca-eft@cisco.com to get the beta version for urgent deployments. 

Finally!!!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Navin,

Any idea when today that might hit?  I've got 3 customers hit with the UC560 Unity bug in the past 2 weeks, and 2 new systems going this week and would like to get this out there to avoid the PAINFUL issue of corrupting the entire Unity database (including AA!!)

Thanks!

Blake

I see the Locale packs, but no base software load.  any update on when we will get the software pack as 6/4/2012 has passed?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: