Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Customer Contact

Neal haas
Level 3
Level 3

I have been asked if we can do this, so I am asking the pro's

I want customers to call UCCX, then type in there CASE Number or Employee number. Question is can I run this against an XML file and then send them to the appropriate phone number or QUEUE?

Any examples that I can be pointed to?

Thank you

4 Replies 4

Neal haas
Level 3
Level 3

The XML file that I am building is:

My contactlist.xml:

John

Mary

Would this be the correct way for the XML for transfering should look like?

Hi,

you can use XPATH queries in your script, with the GET XML Document Data step, like this

"/CUSTOMERLIST/CUSTOMER[@DNIS=$customerdnis]/Phone"

where the $customerdnis will be value entered by the customer (?), and the result String of this step will be the Phone value (so you can use it to transfer the call to).

To be quite honest with you, I don't really like the idea of having such an XML-based solution. XML usually works well if the file size is relatively small, but if it starts growing, it just starts eating up more resources. And, if the file is not valid, the whole thing breaks.

Can't you just use SQL?

G.

I will have the the SQL lic here in a few months. but for now XML is my only option.

I would rather have SQL and build it the right way first, but it is a political thing right now.

Thanks

Hi,

I understand. Politics make things complicated most of the time :-)

Anyway, good luck with your project.

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: