cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCMBE 6000 Install Unity connection on standalone server

sioux21
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new C200 M2. My question is, can i seperate out the Unity connection install to a seperate server, rather than have CUCMBE\Unity connection on 1? The C200 runs vmware 4.1

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In order for a deployment to be a 6K deployment you need

A) to run on C series

B) choose maximum 4 of the apps from the link

C) use the OVA for 6K deployments which are smaller than standalone installs.

If you want redundancy, you can have another C series running the 6K OVAs (if the product supports clustering)

What I don't understand is what you mentioned:

CUCMBE\Unity connection on 1.

On a 6K install you select 4 products, in this case you create a VM for CUCM, one for CUC and one for CUPS. Separate VMs, separate installs and integrations.

There's no CUCMBE on 6K like the one on 8.X where a single install had CUCM and CUC, that's CUCMBE 5K and that's a whole different deal.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, but then you won't have a CUCMBE 6K.

The solution offers premium voice, video, mobility, messaging, presence  and contact center features on a single platform and provides core  communication capabilities medium-sized businesses need for improved  collaboration across the value chain. Enabled by virtualization  technology, Cisco Business Edition 6000 consolidates multiple  applications on single platform and therefore allows medium business to  reduce their lower total cost of ownership and improve productivity of  their employees. The high availability features supported by the  solution make Cisco Business Edition 6000 ideally suited for companies  that require mission critical voice, messaging and contact center  capabilities.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Business_Edition_6000

In order to have a 6K deployment you need to pick 4 of the apps from the list and run on the same server.

If you run CUCM and CUC on different servers then you just have a regular standalone install of CUCM/CUC, not a BE 6K solution.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hello javalenc,

thanks for your response. So if I split the CUC off to a different Vmware guest, other than the guest the CUCM is on, on the same C200, im forgoing the BE 6K concept essentially? We were looking to run hopefully run Presence, CUC and CUCM on 3 seperate VM's on the same C200.

Thanks much,

PD

In order for a deployment to be a 6K deployment you need

A) to run on C series

B) choose maximum 4 of the apps from the link

C) use the OVA for 6K deployments which are smaller than standalone installs.

If you want redundancy, you can have another C series running the 6K OVAs (if the product supports clustering)

What I don't understand is what you mentioned:

CUCMBE\Unity connection on 1.

On a 6K install you select 4 products, in this case you create a VM for CUCM, one for CUC and one for CUPS. Separate VMs, separate installs and integrations.

There's no CUCMBE on 6K like the one on 8.X where a single install had CUCM and CUC, that's CUCMBE 5K and that's a whole different deal.

HTH

java

HTH

java

that answers my question perfectly.....Separate VM's, separate installs and integrations. I just perhaps didnt phrase my question right

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: