Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS in monitor maps, any way to see SSID that AP is broadcasting

Hello,

In Cisco WCS (7.0.230.0), does anyone know if there is any way to show what SSIDs an LWAPP is broadcasting? I can see the SSIDs assigned to the group that the AP is a part of through the controller or templates, but is there an easy way to see what SSID an LWAPP is broadcasting maybe using the MONITOR > MAP or anything?

Maybe there is an easier way than using WCS?

Thank you for your time,

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ok.  In that, I trust the AP Group config on the WLC.  To my knowledge, seeing the SSID that are being serviced is not available in the Maps.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you clarify a bit what you mean? Are you looking to see what the AP is servicing or literally what SSID is broadcast/guest-mode?

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve,

Thank you for your reply on this matter. 

What I'm hoping to find is a way after you assign an AP group name to an access point, so it knows what SSIDs to broadcast, is there a way while looking at the map of APs in WCS for a floor to show that the AP is actually broadcasting the SSIDs specified in the group without physically being at the location or do you just trust the Controller and the group that you assign that the AP is indeed broadcasting the SSIDs? 

Thank you again,

Steve

ok.  In that, I trust the AP Group config on the WLC.  To my knowledge, seeing the SSID that are being serviced is not available in the Maps.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

Steve,

Again, thank you for your response.  I will put more trust into WCS and the controllers as I continue to grow and learn about them.

Thank you,

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: