Views
Helpful
Replies

IDSM2 License Installation Error

Elie Bassil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am facing a problem applying licenses on 2 different WS-SVC-IDSM2-BUN (installed on core switches). I keep getting the attached error.

I tried using CLI & GUI, same thing. I even contacted cisco licensing and they sent me the license files themselves, but still same issue. Any idea why the license installation is failing? I tried to check for any possible bugs but couldn't match any.

thanks,

E.B:.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, try downloading the license using the IPS link for "OS 6.x and earlier" (although you have 7.x) since this link doesn't require PID and the downloaded license will be bound just to the SN of your IPS without its PID.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Todd Pula
Level 7
Level 7

What version of software are the IDSM modules currently running.  Feel free to PM me one of the license keys and the show ver output from the corresponding IDSM for me to review.

i have attached the show version of the IDSM-2 module

Sorry. Missed the attachment.  Open the license key in Wordpad and make sure the PID and serial number match what is listed in the show ver output.  Is the output raw text or do you see XML tags such as CISCO_WT_ARTIFACTS?  If raw text, you likely have an older pre-6.1 license format and will need to open a case with our licensing team to have a new 6.1+ license generated.

Hi, try downloading the license using the IPS link for "OS 6.x and earlier" (although you have 7.x) since this link doesn't require PID and the downloaded license will be bound just to the SN of your IPS without its PID.

I tried that and it worked! That's weird, according to Cisco it seems the product was initially registered with them using the SN without the PID, which made the confusion.

10x

Be aware that we have seen issues when running the legacy license on sensors running 7.x.  The bug below is one example.  I would suggest you open a case with our licensing team to get you the proper license for the IDSM2 in question.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtr19702

Hi Todd,

Thanks for your feedback, actually the licensing team told me also the same i.e. to download using 6.x link

regards,

E.B.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: