alialjamri2008
Level 1
Level 1

switch(config-if)#bandwidth ?
  <1-10000000>  Bandwidth in kilobits
  inherit       Specify how bandwidth is inherited

Regards,

Ali

Sorry, the one I mentioned above is used only to manipulate the metric, please read below:

How do I configure a bandwidth limit?
In the Cisco IOS on a Catalyst switch (not on a router), there’s an Interface Mode command called shape round-robin queue bandwidth. More specifically, the command is srr-queue bandwidth.

This command has been around since IOS 12.2(25). For these examples, I’m using a Cisco Catalyst 2960 switch.

Entering the command appended with a question mark will display the command options. Here’s an example:

Switch(config)# interface FastEthernet 0/1
Switch(config-if)# srr-queue bandwidth ?
  limit              Configure bandwidth-limit for this interface
  shape             Configure shaping on transmit queues
  share              Configure shared bandwidth

As you can see, the command options are limit, shape, and share. While we’ll focus on the limit option this time, keep in mind that you can also use the srr-queue bandwidth command to shape and share bandwidth.

For example, let’s say you have a 100-Mb Ethernet port on a Catalyst switch. You’re selling the bandwidth on the port, and a customer has bought 10 Mb of bandwidth. Obviously, you want to limit the outbound bandwidth on the port to 10 Mb instead of the full 100 Mb.

To do so, go to Interface Configuration Mode on the switch port, and apply the srr-queue bandwidth limit command. Here’s an example:

Switch(config)# interface FastEthernet 0/1
Switch(config-if)# srr-queue bandwidth limit 90

The 90 sets the outbound bandwidth limit on the port to 90 percent of the port speed. Since this is a 100-Mb port, this should limit the outbound traffic from the port to 10 Mb.

Regards,

Ali

hi,

i would like to know giving speed limit to gig port...

commands u mentioned work with fastethernet port only

the command above applied for Gig int. as well !

Ali

hi ali,

forgot to mention the model of switch,, its 4506e with which the command is not working...

is there any other way like qos to limit the bandwidth on 4506e

Ok , if this command is not working on 4500, you probably need to configure QoS, no idea?

Regards,

Ali

yes, i dont have any idea about qos...

can u help me to sort this out??

you may found what you are looking for on below discuss. link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/30342

Ali

ahmed-naguib
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

if you would like to set the speed of the switch port you can use the following

conf t

int GigabitEthernet 1/0/1

speed (10,100,100 or Auto)

you can use the auto to let the switch decide negotiate the speed with the other switch .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: