Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1 Route List and Royte Group Questions

Hisham_IBM
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

I have a question regarding route List...I am trying to apply some digit manipulation for some Route Groups assign to a route list but I could not find "Pre-Dot" in discard digits field for called party transformation, only NANP digit manipulation and Please take a look to that attached snapshot,

Could any one help or suggest how can I choose just "Pre-dot" to discard digits in Route List ?

Thanks,

Hisham Karem

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

NANP:PreDot is what you should be using if you are in North America, if you are in another region you need to load proper dial plan for that region to take advantage of the digit manipulation, i.e. UK dial plan, etc.

HTH,

Chris

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

Chris is right, but I did find the solution to your question. Is what I did was I went into the Route List Details and put my thumb over the NANP: then is said PreDot. Walla!

kidding of course,

Configuring Route Pattern Details for a non-NANP Dial Plan

If you have installed a non-NANP dial plan on your Cisco CallManager system, you can choose the required dial plan when you set up route pattern details in the Route Details Configuration window in Cisco CallManager.

Note the following points when you configure route pattern details:

1. For a non-NANP dial plan, if you want to retain the settings at the Route Pattern level, make one of the following choices in the Route Details Configuration window:

a. Choose None in the Discard Digits field. Choosing None DDI in the Discard Digits field represents the same as not choosing a dial plan.

b. Choose a non-NANP dial plan:No Digits in the Discard Digits field. (For Example, AMNP:No Digits.)

2. If you want to specify settings at the Route Group level that will override the Route Pattern settings, choose the appropriate DDI for that dial plan from the Discard Digits field. Examples of DDI: NANP:PreDot, AMNP:PreDot.

Thanks for the info and the Jokes....Tracy & Chris

Do you mean that there is no way to just find "Pre-dot" inside route list details page, specially without adding or uploading new dial plan ? by the way, in my route patterns, I can see "Pre-dot" normally...So, there are no problems for route patterns.

Thanks,

Hisham Karem

I believe you are correct.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: