cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cs50 with spa508g

Mark Smith
Level 1
Level 1

So I have a cs50 wireless headset with lifter that I want to use with my spa508g Since I want to use the lifter to answer calls, I go from the handset out to the CS50 base and then from the CS50 base to the handset. Unfortunately, this adds a weird buzzing no matter how I set the CS50. Anyone have any experieince using these with a SPA508g? Or is there a better wireless headset to use with the uc320 phones?

2 Replies 2

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mark,

Electronic Hook Switch (EHS)  is not supported on SPA508G phones.  EHS is supported on SPA525G2 phones with 7.5.1 firmware.  The Headset must be connected to the phone via the headset 2.5mm port.

Regards,

Randy

Ok, I wasn't looking for official support since it isn't a Cisco product. I was more looking for if anyone had successfully used it. Just wondering if my weird noise was normal or not. I've seen other posts where users have successfully uses Plantronics CS60s and other models--just wondered if a change happened to Plantronics models after the CS50 or if mine is an odd case.

I'm not using the 2.5 headset plug nor am I trying to use EHS. I'm using the HL-10 lifter and putting the CS50 plugged into the handset port with the handset plugged in the cs50 base.

What is it about the SPA525G2 with that firmware makes it more compatible? Or what does the SPA508G not do? Is the better compatibility going to spread to the other phones?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: