cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meetingplace Outlook Plugin Question

Justin Westover
Level 1
Level 1

I have a meetingplace express server that is in sync with LDAP. I have a user that had a username that was different than his email address. For some reason when he attempts to schedule a meeting using the outlook plugin for meetingplace, he gets the error "The person you schedule on behalf of doesn't have a profile". I need to know what the plugin or meetingplace looks at when a meeting generation is attempted. The user definitely has a profile but I believe since his profile name and email address were different, that is causing some problems. Any ideas here?

7 Replies 7

mihail.petreski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Justin,

I have seen this issue in the past. You need to make sure that the alias in ldap is the same as the userID in meeting place.

Regards,

Mihail

Justin Westover
Level 1
Level 1

Is it the email alias that it looks at? The user did have a different email address but now we have setup his primary email address to match his ad username. I know his username matched his mp profile id also. We setup an email alias for his old email addy.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Yes, it looks at the email alias.

Justin Westover
Level 1
Level 1

Most accounts don't have an alias. That is used just in case a user need another inbox associated with their normal smtp address. 99% of accounts just have an smtp address not an alias. And in this case the persons smtp address matches his username which also matches his mp profile.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

did you resolve this?  I'm experiencing the same thing, and the user also has a different email address from her AD account username.

The MR1 release fixed the issue. It was actually released with this fix in mind. It allows meetingplace to work with a user even if the username and alias don't match up, without MR1 if the alias is different from the username, in our case it was, MP says that the two aren't the same user. In MR1 it is smart enough to see that it is the same user.

CUMP_AppServerUpgrade_8_5_3_4.bin

They also just released the MR2 which focuses on a lot of the outlook plugin errors.

CUMP_AppServerUpgrade_8_5_4_12.bin

that was it, thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: