Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 and AnyConnect licensing

Folks--pardon my ignorance, but trying to make sense of the documentation for this is all but impossible...

I've got a client who's looking to enable SSL VPN on an ASA 5505.  Looking at the output of the unit, it's got a Base license, AnyConnect Essentials is in a disabled state, but it also says 'SSL VPN Peers:  25'.  Does that mean they've got 25 SSL VPN users configured?  Is that the max for that size of ASA?  Do they need the AC essentials license to make it functional?  Do they need Sec Plus for the SSL VPNs to work?\

They're not going to be doing any clientless or the NAC lite stuff...so i don't think they need premium (please correct if i'm wrong, of course).

SJ

2 Replies 2

Dear Scott,

Could you please attach the "show version" (you can remove the serial number of the ASA) and the "show vpn-sessiondb summary" outputs?

Thanks in advance.

vabruno
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds like you have the Anyconnect premium license installed which means you can use both Anyconnect and clientless Anyconnect for 25 concurrent users.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: