Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 Firmware upgrade issue.

rajesh.kumar
Level 4
Level 4

We are using CUCM 8.5

When I upgrade firmware I see below information on Phone.

Is this successfully upgraded to ver sip9971.9-2-4-19?

Why do I see ver 9.1 under Phone device ? What is this download status shows Failed?

I would like to know, whether this phone firmware is successfully loaded with ver sip9971.9-2-4-19 ?

Active Load IDsip9971.9-2-4-19
Inactive Load IDsip9971.9-1-1SR1
Download StatusFailed
Requested Load IDsip9971.9-2-2SR1-9
Download Server10.1.9.27
Inactive Load Failure ReasonFile Not Found

Active Network InterfaceEthernet
MAC Address64AE0CF6BDFB
WLAN MAC Address405539AD4872
Host NameSEP64AE0CF6BDFB
Phone DN818
Versionsip9971.9-2-4-19

Device default configured with active and inactive load.

Cisco 9971 SIP

Rgds

Rajesh

21 Replies 21

rajesh.kumar
Level 4
Level 4

Under device default inactive load information is : sip9971.9-2-2SR1-9

Active load information is :

Hi Rajesh,

Inactive Load information :- appears only if a load is in the process of downloading or if the download failed

I think your download is failed.

Have you installed any new files in CUCM to get this firmwre. If yes was required services were restarted.

regards

Ronak patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Dear Ronak patel

I have loaded new firmware ie

All this error, I got it after doing as per the procedure.

Question is Phone Active load shows

If firmware download failed, what could be the issue?

I have attached debug display log from phone previously for get more hint.

Pls. suggest

Rgds

Rajesh

I have had this issue. Look at the network setup on the phones and make sure they have a TFTP defined. Mine were in a subnet that did not get it from option 150 (they were VPN phones). I was able to specify the CUCM server itself in the phone configs "load server" and it was then able to find the file and upgrade. Its a workaround but it works. Remember to remove the load server when you are done.

Dear All

Seems like 9951, 9971 series phones are Cisco's one more flop phones.

Releases to trouble end user and open many TAC cases.

So many issues.

Cisco introdues it as latest phone. But customer faces many issues. And there is no much support document available for these phones.

As I know all the customer had different issues with this Phone.

Currently I am facing problem in one of the 9971 phone, missed call details not displying on the phone. Just "More" button bottom of the screen. But if we restart the phone, missed call numbers appear on the screen display. After few days same problem comes back.......! Cisco's SIP version........!!!!!!

Dear Ronak patel

Any suggestion on this issue ?

Rgds

Rajesh Kumar

abarkalg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rajesh,

Restart the TFTP services, it will get the active load in the device defaults.

Regards,

Abdul

Please rate helpful posts!!!     

Dear All

Seems like 9951, 9971 series phones are Cisco's one more flop phones.

Releases to trouble end user and open many TAC cases.

So many issues.

Cisco  introdues it as latest phone. But customer faces many issues. And there  is no much support document available for these phones.

As I know all the customer had different issues with this Phone.

Currently  I am facing problem in one of the 9971 phone, missed call details not  displying on the phone. Just "More" button bottom of the screen. But if  we restart the phone, missed call numbers appear on the screen display.  After few days same problem comes back.......!

Cisco's SIP version........!!!!!!

Hi,

Missed call details will be shown in the right hand side buttons. Are you not seeing it??

Is it only happening to one 9971 phone or you are facing issue with other phones also?

Regards

Ronak Patel

HI

Also when you press line button in the right hand side of phone screen, Are you able to see call history in the 9971 phone.

regards

Ronak Patel

Dear Ronak Patel

It is only happening for 9971 Phone.

If there are example 12 missed calls, on top of the display, it shows 12 missed calls.

When we press relevent botton display shows blank and I can still press "More" button on botton, but all screen blank.

When we restart phones, it works perfectly, but after day or two, problem still exists.

I thought it could be  bug issue. But firmware upgradation also failing.....!

Since these phones are expensive being used by executives......finger points at entire Cisco IP Telephony system instability.

Rgds

Rajesh Kumar

Hi

This is a bug.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCti27403

We can not certify whole Cisco IPT product line up as instable if we have some issue with ip phone. Let us frist see where is the problem. Let me know the firmware of the IP phone which you are running.

Regards

Ronak patel

Please rate all helpful posts by clicking the stars below the answer.

Dear Ronak Patel

Before upgrade firmware version was sip9971.9-1-1SR1

Do you have any clues that why firmware upgrade failed from sip9971.9-1-1SR1 to sip9971.9-2-4-19

Rgds

Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

What file you have used to get to this firmware.

Also give me the screen shot of the device defauly section of CUCM admin page where we have information for 9971 phone.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate all helpful posts by clicking the stars below the answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: