cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504g 2nd Call has few options

deepakitkar
Level 1
Level 1

I am on a call and a 2nd call comes up. I want to first transfer the 1st call before I take this 2nd call to some extensions. But the 2nd call gives me only 2 options - Answer and Ignore. Answer puts the 1st call on Hold which is not what I want. Ignore does nothing. When I press Ignore it keeps showing me the same 2 options.

Is there anyway to handle this situation?

Asterisk 1.8.10.1

SPA504g firmware 7.4.9a

Thanks,

Deepak

12 Replies 12

deepakitkar
Level 1
Level 1

Any one?

Deepak,

Try modifying the Programmable Softkeys options (PSK)  for Ringing Key List

Open web browser to phone under Admin/Advanced

Phone Tab -> Programmable Softkeys -> Ringing Key List ->

answer|1;ignore|2;toggle|4

try

answer|1;ignore|2;xfer|3;toggle|4

I'm not sure if it will operate as you want it to, because the ringing state updates the end user on how to handle the new call and not the existing call. Please try it if you can.

Randy

Thanks for the reply but this is not what I want. I tried it anyhow but it puts the 1st call on hold. What is the use of toggle here?

Deepak,

I need to add one more step:

1) On phone tab change ‘line navigation’ from ‘per line’ to ‘per call’

Then you should be able to toggle between the calls.

Randy

It just opened another line for me to dial out.

Randall,

I am little surprised that it is taking that long to figure this out. Aren't other handling calls this way? All I want to know is how to transfer the 1st call without putting that call on hold when a 2nd call comes in.

Should I open a ticket for this?

-Deepak

I am also experiencing this problem.  There have been some suggestions in the thread I started (https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2142697) that may be able to solve your problem (though they did not solve my possibly identical problem).

Hopefully we can get a solution soon.  One would expect Cisco to be able to offer troubleshooting of some kind to help resolve these kinds of issues.  My dialogues with experts and personal debugging attempts have surfaced just enough info to see that this appears to be not just an issue with the TYPE of phone used, but a problem that specifically effects certain INDIVIDUAL phones.  That is to say that not all 504Gs are experiencing it, only some phones are effected.

I'm still looking for a fix of some kind, but perhaps it would be possible to send the phones to Cisco for repair/reprogramming/replacement under warranty?  This is a serious issue that really impedes our work.

Let me know if you have any success!

James

Hi,

the link to the other thread is tagges as "solved" but it is not!!! So the questions remains unanswered.... Any clue?

Yes, My customers have the same problem...

Laurent

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Ignore does nothing. When I press Ignore it keeps showing me the same 2 options.

"Ignore" work as expected with firmware 7.5.5

Also, the rest of your question - it just works for me on 7.5.5.

The Line Navigation needs to be set to "Per Call"

Well, there is something that may confuse the user. "Per call" mean that every call has it's own screen. You can use Up or Down arrow buttom to scroll between screens.

As second call become ringing, you are auto-switched to this call screen. Ringing call can't be transferred and it's not possible to add a PSK related to call A to screen of call B. So it's not possible to add Xfer PSK to screen of ringing call.

You need to scroll (using up or down arrow button) to screen of call you are wishing to transfer.  Xfer/Bxfer PSK is here. No configuration of PSK is necesarry.

Hope it help.

Thanks, Dan. It works more or less as expected, BUT there is a new problem : the transfer of calls sometines does not work. Navigation through multiples calls is easier, and it uses only one key on the screen (one line only).

I'm investigating about this transfer problem. If you have some advice, please let me know.

It's hard to analyze problems having word "sometimes" in it's description. Just turn on debugging and catch syslog & debug. Catch the SIP control packets (not audio streams) as well.

Then ... just wait until transfer will fail. Catched data will allow you (or us) to analyze the case then.

lzsc4y
Level 1
Level 1

This thread is a little old, but I wanted to enlist the help of others.

I have the same issue in a school with several SPA514G's.  After being very insistent with Cisco, they have opened the following bug fix to correct this issue, the only problem is they consider it an enhancement.  It would be nice if everyone having the issue would open a ticket with Cisco small business support, allowing them to see that this is far from just my problem and that it is a correction of a bug not an enhancement.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCun19415

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: