Views
Helpful
Replies

Preparing for Troubleshooting Exam - Need Advice

batumibatumi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Yeastarday, i have passed Switch Exam (route already passed 3 mounth ago) and only TshooT left to get CCNP certificate. That's why i am kindly asking you to share you experience how to pass TshooT exam.

1) What materials and books do you recommand ?

2) What Video Lessons is the best for TshooT ?

3) What platform do you recommand me to have a practice ?

4) Any extra idea and feedback will be great for me !!!

Let me thank you in advance for supporting and helping !!!

Take care and waiting your respond !

Best Regards,

Giorgi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mikeburr1234
Level 1
Level 1

I worked with the Cisco Press certification guide and foundation learning guide for the TSHOOT exam. I also paged through the lab book, but the books helped more. The TSHOOT exam is a bit different from the other two in that it is 100% simulation questions (the Cisco books will tell you this too), so you really need to maximize your hands on ability to configure/troubleshoot everything covered in the exam objectives. I'd consider spending a lot of time in a lab environment or using a tool like Dynamips or GNS3 along with some physical switches. Hope this helps.

--

Mike Burr

Mike's Technology and Finance Blog

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

mikeburr1234
Level 1
Level 1

I worked with the Cisco Press certification guide and foundation learning guide for the TSHOOT exam. I also paged through the lab book, but the books helped more. The TSHOOT exam is a bit different from the other two in that it is 100% simulation questions (the Cisco books will tell you this too), so you really need to maximize your hands on ability to configure/troubleshoot everything covered in the exam objectives. I'd consider spending a lot of time in a lab environment or using a tool like Dynamips or GNS3 along with some physical switches. Hope this helps.

--

Mike Burr

Dear Mike, let me thank you for sharing your experice with me, it was very helpfu; information.

Mike, many peoples give me very different advices and to tell a true i am a little confuse. I am kindly asking you to give me the exactly which book do you recommand me ?

Thank you in advance !!!

Thank you for advicing !!!

Unfortunatly i do not have real switches and packet tracer or GNS3 switch modul ESW-16 is enough ?

you can get part of the way there with an ESW-16 module, but you can't do some of the more advanced switch configuration and troubleshooting. If you know the material from the SWITCH exam well enough, you might be able to wing it...

--

Mike Burr

Thanks and have a good day ... Your information was very helpfull .... Good luck

This topic is CLOSED !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card