NX-OS EEM command/pattern option

Answered Question
Apr 11th, 2012

Hello,

In IOS under EEM action we have command and pattern options to provide an imput based on specific pattern. I can not find that option in NX-OS. Is there any other syntax in NX-OS for similar application? Basically on a specific track down event I need to telnet to other NX-OS sytems and am trying to get it done using EEM on NX-OS. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Joseph Clarke about 2 years 1 week ago

Unfortunately, this is not possible on NX-OS.  EEM on NX-OS is EEM by name only.  The feature is very different than it is on IOS.  What you could do is use an IOS box as a proxy.  That is, send a trap using EEM from your NX-OS box, then have IOS do the telnet to the other NX-OS box to perform the necessary commands.

Average Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Joseph Clarke Wed, 04/11/2012 - 23:43

Unfortunately, this is not possible on NX-OS.  EEM on NX-OS is EEM by name only.  The feature is very different than it is on IOS.  What you could do is use an IOS box as a proxy.  That is, send a trap using EEM from your NX-OS box, then have IOS do the telnet to the other NX-OS box to perform the necessary commands.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted April 11, 2012 at 3:25 AM
Stats:
Replies:1 Avg. Rating:5
Views:436 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.
Categories: EEM for NX-OS
+

Discussions Leaderboard