Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual TFTP Server IP address Configuration on Cisco Call Manager

ranjit123
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

Currently we have 2 CCM one is in 172.x.x.x and the other is in 10.x.x.x series.

We are in the process of comissioning a new upgraded CCM my query is that can we assign both the 172 & 10 series ip to this new CCM

If yes kindly update me the migration process of IP phones on the new CCM

Regards,

Ranjit

7 Replies 7

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Ranjit,

I am not clear on your query. But do you want to regester ip phones in range of 172 and 10 to the new CUCM which is in different network. If yes, than yes you can do it. Only thing you have to keep in mind is tht network should be reachable and appropriate signaling ports be open between the network.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi Ronak,

Currently we have 2 CUCM's

1> IP address is in 172.x.x.x which is 6.0

2> IP address is in 10.x.x.x which is 8.0

we are in process of comissioning a new cucm and want to seamlessly migrate all the existing phones to the new call manager.

I was exploring the possibility of assiging both the ip's 172 & 10 series to the new call manager and phase out the cucm 6.0 & 8.0.

What i am looking @ is it possible, if yes do we have any document which i can follow.

Regards,

Ranjit

Hi,

So you will have only one new CUCM server?

Also below sentence says you want to assign two ip address to one CUCM server. If yes not possible..

"I was exploring the possibility of assiging both the ip's 172 & 10  series to the new call manager and phase out the cucm 6.0 & 8.0."

Migration will be not that easy, as you are mearging two cluster in to one and you will not have phone configuration from above two cluster in new cluster. DRS bck will help you on this but it will depend on what CUCM you are planning to install. 

regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Look into Centralized TFTP option where you can relay TFTP requests from one cluster to another, perfect for migrations. I beleive it is described in SRND or Feature/System Guide.

HTH,

Chris

Can please update any link for the same

Regards,

Ranjit

Communications Manager SRND doc has the following section:

Centralized TFTP Services

In multi-cluster systems, it is possible to have a single subnet or VLAN containing phones from multiple

clusters. In this situation, the TFTP servers whose addresses are provided to all phones in the subnet or

VLAN must answer the file transfer requests made by each phone, regardless of which cluster contains

the phone. In a centralized TFTP deployment, a set of TFTP servers associated with one of the clusters

must provide TFTP services to all the phones in the multi-cluster system.

In order to provide this single point of file access, each cluster's TFTP server must be able to serve files

via the central proxy TFTP server. With Cisco Unified CM 5.0 and later releases, this proxy arrangement

is accomplished by configuring a set of possible redirect locations in the central TFTP server, pointing

to each of the other clusters’ TFTP servers. This configuration uses a HOST redirect statement in the

Alternate File Locations on the centralized TFTP server, one for each of the other clusters. Each of the

redundant TFTP servers in the centralized cluster should point to one of the redundant servers in each

of the child clusters. It is not necessary to point the centralized server to both redundant servers in the

child clusters because the redistribution of files within each individual cluster and the failover

mechanisms of the phones between the redundant servers in the central cluster provide for a very high

degree of fault tolerance.

You can find SRND for your version here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guides_list.html

HTH,

Chris

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Assigning 2 IP Address to the CUCM is not an option. Certantly you might use a Centralized TFTP to pull this off, althought I don't see it necesary.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: