wvc200 problems

Unanswered Question
Apr 12th, 2012

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and I need some help installing my cisco wvc200 internet video camera.

Before I bought a new computer I had installed the camera on my laptop which had windows xp. It worked fine when I used a wireless connection.

Now I have bought a new computer which has windows 7 on it. The camera won't connect wireless. It works fine using a cabled connection but when I try wireless it won't work. I use the set-up from the cd-rom. When I type the ip-adress in internet explorer with the cable-connection I can connect to the camera. I follow the instructions from the set-up and the manual I got with it. After executed all the steps I'm trying to connect it wireless. When I type the adress without the cable, internet explorer says it cannot find the page. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry for my bad English.

Looking forward for your answers.

With kind regards,

Jan van Rij

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mpyhala Thu, 04/12/2012 - 11:25

Hello Jan van Rij,

Thank you for posting. I have a few questions:

1. Does the camera have a wireless connection to a router or access point or was it an Ad-Hoc connection directly to the Winodws XP PC?
  2. Does the camera have a static (fixed) IP address or does it get an IP address from a router or other DHCP server?
  3. Are you plugging the camera directly into the Windows 7 PC or are you plugging it into a router or switch? (when it does work)
  4. When you did the setup, did you input the wireless network details into the camera? (SSID, Security Type, Passphrase)
Janvanrij Fri, 04/13/2012 - 06:50

Hello mpyhala,

Thank you for replying.

1. It was wireless to a router with the XP PC.

2. I thought it had an IP address from the router.

3. It works when I installed the camera with the setup cd in my computer (windows 7) and the camera plugged in the router. When I unplug the camera after following the instructions I don't get a wireless connection.

4. This was all done by the setup and it seemed to be correct.

mpyhala Fri, 04/13/2012 - 14:27

Hi,

It sounds like the problem is with the wireless connection between the router and camera. I recommend the following:

1. Open the web interface of your router and camera in two different browser windows.
  2. Find the wireless SSID and security settings in the router.
  3. Copy and paste the SSID and security passphrase from the router to the camera and save the settings.
  4. Unplug the ethernet and power from the camera. Plug the power only back in and you should establish a wireless connection.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted April 12, 2012 at 6:56 AM
Stats:
Replies:4 Avg. Rating:
Views:3109 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.