Views
Helpful
Replies

Meet-Me Number and Pattern

vipankapur1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I wanted to know if anyone has step-by-step directions on how to setup Meet-Me Number/Pattern on Cisco Callmanager 7.1.5.

Thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check you Administrator Guide for step by step directions, but there is very little to it, you go to Meet Me Patterns and define the range using default wildcards i.e. 55XX and assign partition to it. 

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As Chris mentioned, there is nothing much but here you go with the document " Meet-Me Number/Pattern Configuration "

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on stars below the post !!

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check you Administrator Guide for step by step directions, but there is very little to it, you go to Meet Me Patterns and define the range using default wildcards i.e. 55XX and assign partition to it. 

HTH,

Chris

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As Chris mentioned, there is nothing much but here you go with the document " Meet-Me Number/Pattern Configuration "

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on stars below the post !!

vipankapur1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have created a extension pool as per the link provided by Gajanan.  I have added the 1st number in the pool to a phone (7945), but I can't dial in from 2 different phones.  Am I doing something wrong or have I forgotten a step?

What do you mean by:

I have added the 1st number in the pool to a phone (7945)

You define these ranges, then to start MeetMe you press MeetMe softkey on the phone and enter a number from this range, i.e. 7526 to start the MeetMe conference, then other calls dial 7526 to join it. Is this what you are doing?

Chris

Chris,

I assigned 7526 to a phone. When I press the MeetMe softkey from another phone, I get 2 quick beeps. I dial the 7526 number and it connects to 7526. But when I dial 7526 from another phone, in order to answer it the 1st phone gets put on hold.

Thanks,

You cannot assign overlapping DNs with MeetMe numbers to phones. You created a conflict. You can assign them as speed dials if you want, but not DNs.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Just to add a note to the great tips from Chris and Gajanan (+5)

- Remove 7526 from the 7945

- go to any phone press new call > MeetMe > 7526 (this will start the conference)

- from other phones dial 7526 and they will be added to meetme conference

Cheers!

Rob

vipankapur1
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you all for your help.  I also wanted to know if it is possible when someone joins there is a beep or announce a name?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I believe this is what you are looking for;

Service Parameters Configuration > Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - General)

Party Entrance Tone - True

Cheers!

Rob

vipankapur1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Rob,

That worked perfectly.  Is there any option to announe the name of the person joingin the conf.?  I didn't see anything in the Clusterwide Parameters.

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can announce the name of the caller entering by sending all other callers except for the initiator to a unity connection call handler to ask who is calling and then perform a supervised transfer to the meet me conference number. Alternatively you could use a contact center script to do the same thing as unity connection.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Joe,

I setup a transfer rule (see screenshot) but all I get is a beep when callers enter or leave the conf.  It is not asking them for a name.  Is there anything wrong with the configuration?

Also, when callers call the dial-in number, it places then into the conf. call without any rings.  Can that be changed?

Thank you,

That's how I usually configure things except I usually use the Standard Transfer rule, not the alternate unless you have the alternate enabled (which you do from the screenshot).  As for ringback, the call will be put on hold by the VM port so the network hold audio source could be a ringback file to play ringback.

Joe,

I  was able to get it working.  I had to setup a DN (7540) that is dialed  and the call gets forwared to the conf. call number 7526.  It does ask  the caller for their name and then transfer the caller.

I also had to setup a Forwarded Routing Rule so when a caller dials 7540, it knows to transfer the call to 7526.

-------------------

Will I have to setup a 2nd number for every MeetMe number that I want to create.

ex: Dial-in # 7527, needs another DN = 7541

ex: Dial-in # 7528, needs another DN = 7542

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: