Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual VCS and TMS

Jesus Sanchez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I know that both VCS and TMS can be virtualized.

On the documentation i found that the VCS can be deployed on the same host as other VMs (co-residency) following some sizing guidelines (resourses have to be allocated 1:1, this means that there is no oversubscription).

I also read that the TMS can also be virtualized following the same resources guidelines:

"Cisco TMS can be installed in a virtualized server environment as long as the virtual machine hosting Cisco TMS is allocated sufficient dedicated resources to meet the server and hardware requirements for installation. The resources allocated to the Cisco TMS server instance must be dedicated, and not shared with other server instances. ""

What i dont know if the TMS accepst co-residensy with other applications. What makes me doubt is the following:

"Cisco TMS is resource intensive with specific server requirements, that increase with the activity level and size of the video network being managed. Using a server hosting other applications or websites for hosting Cisco TMS is therefore not supported. "

I dont know if this means that no-corresidensy is supported or that no other application besides TMS should be deployed on the same OS.

What i really want to accomplish with this is to virtualize TMS, VCS expressway and VCS control on the same UCS server. Would it be supported by TAC?

Regards,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi it means that the TMS server must be dedicated for the TMS application. No other hosted applications should be present on the same OS.

Hope that helps.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As long as the resource and requirement guidelines are followed you will get TAC support.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi it means that the TMS server must be dedicated for the TMS application. No other hosted applications should be present on the same OS.

Hope that helps.

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As long as the resource and requirement guidelines are followed you will get TAC support.

Thanks! These are the answers are just what i need!

Do you know if it would be supported to deploy CUCM, CUC, CUPS or some other UC App? (thinking on the side of the UC app).

For example, to host CUCM + VCS + TMS + CUC on the same physical server (assuming that the server has enough resources to host all applications and is one of the Tested Reference Configurations)

I keep asking the same question, although I would expect "no" would be the answer with TMS as it runs on Windows, rather than being an "appliance" style application like CUCM or VCS.  Cisco can't exactly be held responsible for how Windows acts on a VM.

Still holding out for VCS though

hmm.. there are other UC apps that run on Windows (Unity, some of the CC suite) that do support blade coresidency under UC on UCS guidelines.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: