Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VRF import-map

Hello!

I have configured VRF with the same RD and RT across the few Catalyst6500 and try to use import-map for modifing imported routes (set metric) but it doesn't work.

Config of VRF:

vrf definition VRF
  rd 1:1
  route-target import 1:1

route-target export 1:1
!
address-family ipv4
  import map VRF-import
exit-address-family

!

route-map VRF-import permit 1
  set metric 1000

!

end

The result: imported route hasn't metric 1000

6500#sh ip bgp vpnv4 vrf VRF

Network          Next Hop            Metric LocPrf Weight Path
Route Distinguisher: 1:1 (default for vrf VRF)

*>iA.B.C.D/24    1.1.1.1 0 100      0 ?

After that I have changed VRF RD on this PE:

vrf definition VRF

rd 1:2

!

The result: everything is OK now

6500#sh ip bgp vpnv4 vrf VRF

Network          Next Hop            Metric LocPrf Weight Path
Route Distinguisher: 1:2 (default for vrf VRF)

*>iA.B.C.D/24    1.1.1.1 1000 100      0 ?

I assumed there is no any connection between RD and import-map but this result confused me. Is it bug or feature?

RGDS

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Vlad,

AFAIK there isnt a relation between the RD and the metric.Have you tried logging this with TAC? Its probably some sort of a bug. The import statement is a bit finicky thing and not always works the way u intend it to.

Ivan,

Can we request you to please see if this is a bug. I know you helped someone else in the past in regards to a similay import map issue

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2045075

HTH

Kishore

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Ivan Krimmel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Vladimir,

it looks like changing RD has triggered the route to be re-learned. Please try to change metric and re-inject the route.

HTH,

Ivan.

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your answer.

It looks like even 6500 reload hasn't triggered the route to be re-learned and doesn't sovle the problem =)

I've tried to change the RD several times and the result was the same - 1:2 is OK, go back to 1:1 - import-map doesn't work.

Hi Vlad,

AFAIK there isnt a relation between the RD and the metric.Have you tried logging this with TAC? Its probably some sort of a bug. The import statement is a bit finicky thing and not always works the way u intend it to.

Ivan,

Can we request you to please see if this is a bug. I know you helped someone else in the past in regards to a similay import map issue

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2045075

HTH

Kishore

Hi Kishore,

Unfortunately, I have no access to TAC.

Thanks for interesting link.

RGDS,

Vladimir

Kishore,

I am glad you keep the records :)

Privet Vlad,

can you reproduce this behavior under any arbitrary taken vrf using any RD value? or it fails with one particular vrf/RD?

if it is reproducible I can have look locally, though couldn't find any defects on the fly.

Let me know,

Ivan.

Privet Ivan,

yes, I can reproduce this situation with another vrf.

I've done some additional tests:

!

route-map VRF-import permit 1
set metric 1000

!

1. rd x:x, route-target both x:x - metric 0 for x:x

2. rd x:x, route-target both x:x + route-target import x:y - metric 1000 for x:y and 0 for x:x

3. rd x:z, route-target both x:x - metric 1000 for x:x

Looks like a bug...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: