Suggestion Required

Unanswered Question
Apr 14th, 2012
User Badges:

Dear All

I have attached network diagram and task list  kindly check and suggest what best could be done to solve this problem.  Make sure Core Switch is layer 3 Switch not Router and Layer 2 switches are manageable switches. If there is any confusion feel free to ask me.

Task 1:-

PC1 can ping PC2

Task 2:-

PC1 can Ping PC4

Task 3:-

PC1 can Ping PC5 and PC6

Task 4:-

PC1 can ping Server 1,2 and 3

Task 5:-

PC6 can ping Server 1,2 and 3

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
siddhartham Sat, 04/14/2012 - 06:38
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

What problem do you have, I don't see your question anywhere.

Leo Laohoo Sat, 04/14/2012 - 20:46
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

I think the thread owner would like someone to make his school assignment. 

saudhusain Sun, 04/15/2012 - 05:52
User Badges:

There are task listed that need to be completed. I haven't gone through configuration when I post this threat. All I need is suggestions that this scenario is possible or not, I have no idea what you do in school because when I am in school apple and Black berry are just fruits

vijay.swaminathan Sun, 04/15/2012 - 06:01
User Badges:

Every task that is listed can be made if you configure the core-switch properly.

Let us know where you are struck so that we could help you out.

-Vijay

Dennis Mink Sun, 04/15/2012 - 19:19
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

This is easy, just stick all in the same VLAN and put an SVI on your L2 switch, this way everything can ping anything!! 

NEXT

saudhusain Sun, 04/15/2012 - 22:09
User Badges:

thank you all for the suggestion Finally I am able to complete my school assignment . well I think I am not able to elobrate my problem very well. Basically one of customercomplain about slow network and ping drops. I investigate and check that everything is default in their Network not even host name is configured. having 40 switches and 20 servers you can imagine whats going on in the network so this is the solution I suggested (Check Network diagram for details). Now I have configured proposed solution on Packet tracer and everything worked perfect. Thanks alot for your inputs and appologies for any inconvenience

Actions

This Discussion