Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting Error while installing CUCM 7.1 on Cisco MCS 7825 l2

r.rathore
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I am having one Cisco MCS 7825- l2 server with me , and trying to install cucm 7.1 version on it, but at the end of installation I am getting one error..  I attached the error here,,

Guys help me for this...

Raj

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Most likely the install media is corrupted. The server checks for the MD5 for every rpm file you install. The validation is failing for this specific RPM. Perform a media check and if that is unsucesfull please try with a different media. If the check is succesfull I have seen some specific bootable versions that might contain this problem, in such case you might need to use a slightly different revision number.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Raj,

Did you perfrom md5sum utility to verify that the MD5 sum of the final file is correct.

To ensure the integrity of the installation file, verify the MD5 hash value against the Cisco Systems website.

Please refer the respective version release notes.

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074295/90289/715su5cucrm.pdf

Caution : Do not attempt to use a damaged file to install software, or the results will be unpredictable.

If the MD5 values do not match, download the file again until the value for the downloaded

file matches the value listed on Cisco.com.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answer!!

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Raj,

Could you please confirm which exact model of MCS 7825I2 you are on ? Supported servers are listed here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

GP.

Hi Gajanan,

Thanks for your reply.

The link you provided to me to check the server compatiablility for CUCM 7.1 is showing that I can install cucm 7.1 on it.

Raj

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Most likely the install media is corrupted. The server checks for the MD5 for every rpm file you install. The validation is failing for this specific RPM. Perform a media check and if that is unsucesfull please try with a different media. If the check is succesfull I have seen some specific bootable versions that might contain this problem, in such case you might need to use a slightly different revision number.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply..

When I purchased this MCS, It was having CUCM 5.1.4 installed on it and when I try to fresh Install of CUCM 7.1 its shown me above attached error.. If you don't mind can you provide me exact link to download from Cisco for CUCM 7.1 ,, I have the CCO login to download software from Cisco Website..

Raj

There's no bootable media for fresh install on CCO, you need to order the media via PUT

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: