Views
Helpful
Replies

Perform Voice Bandwidth Reducation via WAAS

borderless
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Is these possbile to got the waas performance over voice traffic ? For example , I have one data center in  EU and another remote location in Bangladesh. I intend to use two waas express on ISR router. Traffic from dhaka will transmitted to EU over the wan links. Is it possible to reduction  wan bandwidth ?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks & Regards

Hasan

2 Replies 2

David Niemann
Level 3
Level 3

I'm no WAAS expert, but I don't believe you can as voice is typically UDP and WAAS can only accelerate and optimize TCP based connections.  I'm sure someone else will be able to definitively answer that.

etamminga
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

No, you cannot do voice (audio) optimization with waas. The only way to optimize is using efficient audio codecs in your voice setup, but this is completely out of scope for waas. If you need more help with audio codecs, tell me a little more about the voice setup. One UCM or is it two UCME's, transcoders available, types of phones.....

Regards,

Erik

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: