Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM with ISR License question

madmin.kz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, All!

I want to deploy CUCM and CUCM in my network.

Here is my design:

3945VSEC with one T1/E1 module, connected to PSTN network

Two 7845 in one cluster.

So, the question is:

- For use PSTN Lines, does i need make sip trunk between 3945 and 7845?

- If it so, wich type of licenses i need to purchase on 3945 and 7845? FL-CUBEE- on 3945?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Evgeniy,

Ans : SIP trunk will be between gateway & Service provider ( ITSP ). You can add that gateway router as either SIP, H.323 or MGCP gateway in CUCM, so the protocol between CUCM & gateway can be any one among the 3 mentioned. In case of SIP Gateway, yes you would create a SIP trunk from CUCM to gateway but the procedure to add H.323 & MGCP gateway is different. Please refer the CUCM admin guide for the exact steps.

- If it so, wich type of licenses i need to purchase on 3945 and 7845? FL-CUBEE- on 3945?

Ans : As you are a Cisco Partner, you might want to quickly check with Cisco's Partner Helpline team ( a complimentary/free service offered to Cisco Partners by Cisco ) for ordering ( in fact for all presales ) related queries. Assistance can be obtained by raising a presales case from www.cisco.com/go/ph

Hope it helps ?

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on stars below the post !!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Evgeniy,

Ans : SIP trunk will be between gateway & Service provider ( ITSP ). You can add that gateway router as either SIP, H.323 or MGCP gateway in CUCM, so the protocol between CUCM & gateway can be any one among the 3 mentioned. In case of SIP Gateway, yes you would create a SIP trunk from CUCM to gateway but the procedure to add H.323 & MGCP gateway is different. Please refer the CUCM admin guide for the exact steps.

Ans : As you are a Cisco Partner, you might want to quickly check with Cisco's Partner Helpline team ( a complimentary/free service offered to Cisco Partners by Cisco ) for ordering ( in fact for all presales ) related queries. Assistance can be obtained by raising a presales case from www.cisco.com/go/ph

Hope it helps ?

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on stars below the post !!

Gajanan Pande, Thanks for help!