cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting-place bug CSCte76056 - Internal & external meetings lose URL to recordings after 7 days

Kapil Atrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hello everyone,

I've a client running Meeting-place 8.0.1.229.

Release notes for Meeting-Palce 8.0 states that this bug (CSCte76056) has been fixed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace/8x/english/releasenotes/mp80rn.pdf

But, when I look at the bug details, it says the bug was first found in version 8.0(0.393)  and the status is Release Pending.

I am not clear whether the above said bug is fixed in my version or not.

Secondly, I want to know if I can increase that 7 days limit for internal/external meetings which is the symptom mentioned under bug details?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

thanks,

Kapil

3 Replies 3

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Kapil,

CSCte76056- Internal & external meetings lose URL to recordings after 7 days

First-found-version
(Original-version):

8.0(0.393)

Component
-fixed-version
  : 8.0.0.378

Verified Release:  8.0(1.3)

Workaround:
    For internal meeting, get the system admin to go to the MeetingPlace Web Internal server and manually off-load the recordings from the saved recordings directory (saved under the meetings unique ID expressed in decimal).
   For external meeting, get the system admin to go to the MeetingPlace Web Internal server and get the pointer to the recording to provide to WebEx.  They will then off-load the recordings from the saved recordings directory in the WebEx Cloud.  (The meeting point will still be saved under the meetings unique ID expressed in decimal just as for internal meetings).

Hope it helps.

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Hey Anand,

Appreciate such an informative reply.

I've additional questions for you:

1)  I can see "CUMP_AppServerUpgrade_8_0_1_3.bin" available for download and was released on 13th March 2009, Does this version have a fix?

2) If client doesn't want to upgrade, can we increase that 7 days limit through configuration changes?

3) I see latest MP version 8.0.2 availabel for download. That should have the fix too, right?

Your quick comments on these questions wil be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kapil

Hi Kapil,

1)  I can see "CUMP_AppServerUpgrade_8_0_1_3.bin" available for  download and was released on 13th March 2009, Does this version have a  fix?

Answer: CSCte76056 defect got Resolved-on: 2/2/2010 10:40:47 AM, so I dont think this fix will be there in the build

released on 13th March 2009.

2) If client doesn't want to upgrade, can we increase that 7 days limit through configuration changes?

Answer: Not sure about this, request you to please refer the MP config guide to check this one out.

3) I see latest MP version 8.0.2 availabel for download. That should have the fix too, right?

Answer: Refer "Table 7     Caveats Resolved in Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 8.0.1 "

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace/8x/english/releasenotes/mp80rn.html

I would request you to please refer the release notes of 8.0.2 and look for the "Caveats Resolved" and look for this defect.

Please rate all the helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Thanks,

Anand

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: