We have some 1131's indoor APs we would like to connect (via mesh) with our existing 1522 outdoor mesh AP deployment.
I have a test environment as follows:
- The 1522 AP is the RAP and the 1131 AP is the MAP.
- Both AP's connect to the same Cisco 5508 controller running 7.2 code.
- Both AP's are added to the controller's Mac Filter list.
- Both AP's are configured for ethernet bridging.
- Both AP's are configured for the same bridge group name.
I've had success with connecting a 1522 MAP to a 1522 RAP and an 1131 MAP to join an 1131 RAP. The problem is when I try to mix the two AP's. The 1131 MAP will not join to a 1522 RAP. I've looked for documentation on interoperability but see no specific examples using the two models I have.
Has anyone had any luck mixing Cisco 1522 & 1131 access points in a Cisco Unified Wireless Network in mesh mode?
Pls make sure you are not operating on Ch 165 on 1522 RAP.
1131 do not operate on Channel 165 for backhaul. 1522 RAP's
For example, channel 165 is supported by outdoor access points but not by indoor access points in the -A domain. By enabling the backhaul channel deselection feature, you can restrict the channel assignment to only those channels that are common to both indoor and outdoor access points.