Views
Helpful
Replies

Call manager Business Edition 6000 installation Question

rcrumm_2
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I am installing BE 6000 right now and I did not see an option to select CMBE 6000 just CUCM 8.6.2.

Did I miss something? My OVA references c200 and BE6000

Thanks in advance

Randall

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

During install there is no difference from doing a regular standalone install or a 6K.

You create a VM with certains specs and use the ISO for the install, the install wizard won't change and won't show any special 6K option for any of the products. For CUCM 6K you should only see CUCM as an option and you select that one.

As long as you're using the right OVA and the HW for a 6K, that install will be considered a CUCM 6K.

As for the question on users and sites, I'm not sure if when you order the licenses for a 6K they limit them upon ordering. As I mentioned, other than using the 6K OVA and the C200 UCS, it's the same thing as a regular CUCM install.

Any other thing that is downsized (sites, GWs, etc or whatever you can think of which is mentioned on the documentation) is not enforced via licensing.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which OVA are you using?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

You have to install CUCM and CUC saperately using different OVA templates, its not like the normal CUCMBE install where in you install CUCM + CUC together or have an option to select any one of them at a time.

But with CUCMBE 6000, you have to install CUCM , Unity Connection as separate vm instances on the same hardware platform C200M2 UCS server, for this you need to download and deploy the OVA\OVF templates separately for CUCM and Unity connection.

Run the installer again and select CUCM once and finish the installation, next time run the same installer and select Unity connection so that these two products to be installed as separate vm instances.

Please see the below community thread on this information,

https://communities.cisco.com/message/67305

Hope it helps.

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Denis Pointer
Level 1
Level 1

I have quoted the CMBE6000 a few times, but haven't installed it yet.  My understanding with it is though you won't install it like a typical CMBE5000.  CMBE6000 will be installed on a UCS C200 with a CUCM install using the 1000 user OVA, a separate virtual machine for UnityCN would also be installed on the same UCS C200 using the 1000 user UnityCN OVA.  Where CMBE5000 has CM and UnityCN on a single server, with CMBE6000 you have CM and unityCN on two seaprate virtual machines (on one physical server).

During install there is no difference from doing a regular standalone install or a 6K.

You create a VM with certains specs and use the ISO for the install, the install wizard won't change and won't show any special 6K option for any of the products. For CUCM 6K you should only see CUCM as an option and you select that one.

As long as you're using the right OVA and the HW for a 6K, that install will be considered a CUCM 6K.

As for the question on users and sites, I'm not sure if when you order the licenses for a 6K they limit them upon ordering. As I mentioned, other than using the 6K OVA and the C200 UCS, it's the same thing as a regular CUCM install.

Any other thing that is downsized (sites, GWs, etc or whatever you can think of which is mentioned on the documentation) is not enforced via licensing.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hello Java,

I have to creat one vm machine for each server? CUCMBE dont use one vm machine for cucm and cuc?

Thanks

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

CUCMBE 5K which is NOT vmware supported, does install CUCM/CUC at the same time, but that's on an MCS 7828

CUCMBE 6K requires a separate VM per product you want to install.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hello Java,

For some reason I cannot open a new discussion.

Anyway have you/anyone seen this issue ?? I am trying to install CUCMBE 6K and Unity...

After deploying the OVA and trying to install the Virtual Machine in ESXi I get the following:

Products not supported on this platform are:

Cisco Unity Connection

Cisco Unified CM Business Edition 5000

The only thing I can install is Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Enterprise License Manager. The product sold to the client is CUCMBE 6K which is not being recognised or supported on this hardware.

It sounds like an OVA problem, but I have used the latest and the ones installed on the Servers, same problem!

Not sure what's the problem, if you're expecting to see an option that says 6K, you won't.

Elaborate on exactly what you're trying to do and what you've done.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hello,

Managed to open a case.. See

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2220768

Gordon Charlton
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently building a CUCMBE 6K and have installed the Provising Manager OVA, but cannot log into it.

Does anyone know the default username and password?

PWAdmin?

Cheers,

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

The default username is pmadmin, the password is what you specify during the installation.

c. Enter a password for the Provisioning Manager administrator user.

Provisioning Manager is preconfigured with a permanent administrator account (pmadmin).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/prime/unified_provisioning_manager/8.7/installation/guide/PMinstll.html#wp1042548

HTH,

Chris

We did not specify the password as it was all pre-configure from a OVA template we used that was supplied with the CMBE6K media kit:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_unified_provisioning_manager/8.6/quickstart/guide/cupm_linux_qsg.html

Cheers,

Gordon

You're right, there doesn't seem to be much documentation on the new bundled CUPM on Linux with the BE6K that you're referring to.  From that Quick Start guide, the only reference to a default password I could find is for root access:

"Warning You must change your root password using the passwd command after the installation process. Also, make a note of the initial root password (Cisco@123) as it may be required to perform OS tasks in future."

Oddly enough they still reference the 'pmadmin' account later in the Quick Start guide, with no mention of setting a user password on it.  You can try pmadmin with the root password Cisco@123 for fun and see if it works.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: