cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Show Call Information for Monitored Lines (on phone & callconnector)

invtechnologies
Level 1
Level 1

How can we setup our system to show the call information for the line the we are monitoring.  I have a 7975 that is monitoring several lines.  I can tell when someone is on the phone (button red) but I have no idea who they are talking to.

Noticed on the Smart CallConnector that there is a field for the Number and Caller Name, but they are currently unpopulated.

Where can I setup more information for these monitored lines?

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think the number fields are supposed to be populated.

Check your software version and config, if all OK, report problem to Cisco via SBCS possibly.

invtechnologies
Level 1
Level 1

I think that everything is correct.  Even my phone does not display any call information for monitored lines. 

Is this is a permissions setting in the UC?

Yes, you need  allow-watch for DNs, and presence configuration.

Ah... That sounds like what we need.  Since you cannot do this in the CCA, can you tell me which part of the UC560 we need to telnet into for this change? 

Would it be the CallManager I guess?

conf t

presence

max 200 (or whatever number)

ephone-dn-template X

allow-watch

make sure you have ephone-dn-tempalte for any ephone-dn

after that, when you configure blf-speed-dial, the icon will change from keypad, to phone over keypad.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Do you have to use the ephone-dn-template or can you apply it just to specific ephone-dn ?

I recommend to use DN templates as they are a best practice and helps a lot.

Do all ephone-dn automatically have a templeate?  I cannot find which template is applied on our UC560 to the phones that I need - which is all of them.  Perhaps we do not have a template?

When you do "show run", you will see anything that you have.

If not using CLI, I have no idea, sorry.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: