cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls from Etisalat PSTN to FXO to voicemail do not disconnect

abdulbari_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have a tricky issue where outside caller calls in and when the call is forwareded to voicemail because of CFNA, the FXO do not  disconnect. I have a setup where a Etisalat Analog lines are directly connected to UC560 FXO ports using RJ11.

When  a call comes in over the PSTN to an FXO port on my UC560 and the call  is answered by the user and after that user goes on-hook, FXO disconnects or gets released normally . When the user does not answer the call and becuse of CFNA timeout the call is forwarded to users voicemail box , then CUE answers, a voicemail is recorded, but  when the calling party hangs up FXO doesnot disconnect instead it stays in OFFHOOK state (HANGS). Because of this no more calls are possible on that FXO line. I have to issue shut and no shut command on the FXO to get it released.

The IOS version as follows

uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.151-2.T4

and CME and CUE version are as follows 8.0.2

The follwing is the configuration on my UC560

voice class dualtone-detect-params 1

freq-max-deviation 25

freq-max-power 0

freq-min-power 13

freq-power-twist 4

cadence-variation 4

!

voice class custom-cptone UAE-CUSTOM-SIEMENS

dualtone disconnect

frequency 425

cadence 425 325 250 500

voice-port 0/1/0

trunk-group ALL_FXO 61

translation-profile incoming INCOMING_CallerID_PROFILE

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

supervisory custom-cptone UAE-CUSTOM-SIEMENS

supervisory dualtone-detect-params 1

no battery-reversal

input gain 14

cptone AE

timeouts call-disconnect 2

timeouts wait-release 2

timing min-ring 62

connection plar opx 202

description Configured by CCA 4 FXO-0/1/0-Custom-BG

caller-id enable

!

This the dial peer for viocemail

dial-peer voice 2000 voip

description ** cue voicemail pilot number **

translation-profile outgoing XFER_TO_VM_PROFILE

destination-pattern 399

b2bua

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.1.10.1

voice-class sip outbound-proxy ipv4:10.1.10.1 

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

codec g711ulaw

no vad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Abdul,

When you add:

freq-max-deviation 50

under fxo port you should have the following:

timeouts wait-release 1

Please try again with the above both configured.

If this is not working please check the following link and try the disconnect tones from there:

http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/tone-search.htm

I see there disconnect tone for 425 mhz with cadence 400 350 225 525 for UAE.

Enter this and also try.

Please tell if this is working.

If this is not working please open a case with SBSC and collect debugs and PCM capture to find your disconnect tone and resolve the issue.

HTH,

Alex

View solution in original post

39 Replies 39

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Most likely the tone parameters are incorrect. To verify them, need a good capture sample.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Abdul,

Previously when helping out another person in the UAE connected to Etisalat we did some minor changes...

voice-port 0/1/0

trunk-group ALL_FXO 61

no battery-reversal

input gain 14

cptone AE

timeouts call-disconnect 2

timeouts wait-release 2

timing min-ring 62

connection plar opx 202

caller-id enable

Try and change the supervisory disconnect to the other available options, although mid-call should work, for some reason it doesn't with all clients connected to them, from memory when I was last in Dubai not every exchange had the same equipment. I am not sure why you have so many supervisory I haven't seen them on other UAE deployments before, is that something that CCA put there??

Actually your voice-port config is unusual to me, if this is something that CCA has done, it must be new. There is way more configuration in your one then I have seen on many others... Hmmmm very odd.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

Could you please suggest the voice port configuration that need to be used to address this issue with FXO disconnect when the call is forwarded to voice mail.

I would be more thankful if you could share the voice port configuration that you used  to fix the other customer in UAE.

The configurations for FXO are not generated by CCA i have added them manually inorder to fix this issue with FXO disconnect.I tried with different supervisory disconnect but no use same issue with FXO.

I tried this

voice-port 0/1/0

trunk-group ALL_FXO 61

no battery-reversal

input gain 14

cptone AE

connection plar opx 202

caller-id enable

but no use still the same problem.

these are the following issues logged with similar kind of problem

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2100905

Hi,

Please try to increase the deviation under voice class from 25 to 50:

freq-max-deviation 50

Also please update the CUE version to 8.0.6 which is the current one. Your is 8.0.2 as you said.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

HI Alexander

I have update the CUE version to 8.0.6 and did the modification you suggested but still the same problem. Has any one faced this problem earlier

Thanks

Abdul.

Hi Abdul,

When you add:

freq-max-deviation 50

under fxo port you should have the following:

timeouts wait-release 1

Please try again with the above both configured.

If this is not working please check the following link and try the disconnect tones from there:

http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/tone-search.htm

I see there disconnect tone for 425 mhz with cadence 400 350 225 525 for UAE.

Enter this and also try.

Please tell if this is working.

If this is not working please open a case with SBSC and collect debugs and PCM capture to find your disconnect tone and resolve the issue.

HTH,

Alex

Hi Alexander Maroukian,

Thanks a lot for your  support on this tricky issue. I tried to fix this issue using different options but i was not able to fix that not even i was going closer to fix this issue. How did you know that we need to increase the frequency max deviation value to 50 to fix this problem with FXO disconnect when the call is answered by CUE or Voicemail box.

You know in the process of fixing this issue on my own i tried to increase this value to 35 but there was no improvement so thought that this might not be the solution for this issue.

You are really great cisco voice engineeer, who has given the solution very straight forward.

Have you ever faced this kind of problem earlier with FXO call disconnect when answered by Voicemail or CUE .

I have seen many people logging similar kind of issue but no has given the confirmed solution to fix this issue.

One small request can you help me how to capture the traffic, when the call is coming form FXO port and using wireshark find the frequencies for different call progress tone like dial tone, busy tone, disconnect tone.

Anticipate your prompt reply.

Thanks a lot Alex.

Thanks a lot Alexander

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for the feedback and the nice words.

To capture the PCM with the UC is fairly easy. You can use CCA Troubleshoot > Telephony Diagnostics  > PCM Capture this will create PCM.dat capture file. Just select the right port and click begin and end when you finish the capture. Then open a case with SBSC and provide that file - we use internal tool do get the debug and to convert it to wav file. You can also try to find another 3rd party tool to convert it to wav file.

The other option is to enable span on the phone and collect the conversation using wireshark. Enter "service phone spanToPCPort 0"  this will send the packets for the phone also to the PC behind the phone. Then connect PC behind the phone and collect the wireshark capture on the PC, convert it to wav and use some software for wav editing to find the correct tones. You should look at the wav editor software for the way to measure the tones but there are alot of guides.

Do not forget to enter "service phone spanToPCPort 1" when you finish with the capture.

Best regards,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

Have you read my post above?

If disconnect doesn't work, you're using the wrong tones. No matter if they are listed anywhere.

HI Paolo,

The problem is disconnect is working fine in normal scenario ie when the call is answered by the user using the IP phone.But the question here is when the call is answerred by the voicemail ie CUE because of CFNA and when the external caller hangs up after the call is answerred by voicemail then FXO is not disconnecting. Even though the external caller hangs up the voicemail is not sensing this and instead records a large amount of silence in the voicemail box of the user.This silence is recorded for about 240 sec ie voicemail box message size of the user and then it releases the FXO port. I have used the following configurations

voice class custom-cptone UAE-CUSTOM

dualtone disconnect

frequency 425

cadence 400 350 225 525

Hi Abdul,

Can you please upload your configuration as a txt file please... remove any

sensitive information like user name and password.

I need to verify a couple of things as I don't believe this to be an FXO

issue.

On Apr 19, 2012 9:55 PM, "abdulbari_cisco" <

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Again for the third time:

You have the typical FXO disconnect problem.

It happens because the tones configured are wrong.

Hi Paolo,

I really understand that the tones configured are not correct.But on the other hand i am not able to understand why the FXO is disconnecting properly when the call is answred by the IP phone directly.Is this not strange you see here.

Could  you please helpme atleast how to find the correct cptones for the same atleast the procedure to find the correct CPTONEs.(I am not able to find the correct CPTONES form the service provider side).

Anticipate your prompt reply.

Thanks Paolo.

That is because when you hang up your IP phone, CME also hangs up the FXO port. There is no problem when the call is answered from a person on a phone.

Then In fact CUE hangs up after 240 seconds of recording and free up the line.

To find tones you need to take a RTP capture  usng wireshark. There are many threads about how to do it IP Telephony.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: