WLC 5508 Web Auth Splash Page: Is it possible to place a download?

Unanswered Question
Apr 17th, 2012

Hi,

I know it is possible to create custom web auth splash pages on the WLC 5508. Is it also possible to embedd a small document (less than 1MB) that users can download directly from the controller? I need this for providing the terms of use for the Guest WLAN.

Thanks
Michael

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
kmiller1634 Wed, 05/02/2012 - 09:58

Michael,

You should be able to, I had a client due something similar to that.. You'd need to place the file in one of the folders as part of the spalsh-page and link to it locally.

blakekrone Wed, 05/02/2012 - 10:35

Why not simply have the terms of use as text on the page? I know personally I would find that annoying, there is no reason I should have to download an untrusted document just to read the terms of use.

daviwatk Wed, 05/02/2012 - 11:12

It could be done, but you will want to stay within the limits of the WebAuth bundle size (~ <10MB I believe).  This shouldn't be a problem considering a .doc size, but I have to ask the same question.   Why would you want to do this as opposed to just putting your terms of use inline to the page as just text/html?  Maybe there is a good reason, but I can't really think of any scenario.  Feel free to elaborate.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted April 17, 2012 at 6:07 AM
Stats:
Replies:3 Avg. Rating:
Views:622 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard