cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 Web Auth Splash Page: Is it possible to place a download?

michaelbs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I know it is possible to create custom web auth splash pages on the WLC 5508. Is it also possible to embedd a small document (less than 1MB) that users can download directly from the controller? I need this for providing the terms of use for the Guest WLAN.

Thanks
Michael

3 Replies 3

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

Michael,

You should be able to, I had a client due something similar to that.. You'd need to place the file in one of the folders as part of the spalsh-page and link to it locally.

Why not simply have the terms of use as text on the page? I know personally I would find that annoying, there is no reason I should have to download an untrusted document just to read the terms of use.

daviwatk
Level 3
Level 3

It could be done, but you will want to stay within the limits of the WebAuth bundle size (~ <10MB I believe).  This shouldn't be a problem considering a .doc size, but I have to ask the same question.   Why would you want to do this as opposed to just putting your terms of use inline to the page as just text/html?  Maybe there is a good reason, but I can't really think of any scenario.  Feel free to elaborate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: