cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 Web Auth Splash Page: Is it possible to place a download?

michaelbs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I know it is possible to create custom web auth splash pages on the WLC 5508. Is it also possible to embedd a small document (less than 1MB) that users can download directly from the controller? I need this for providing the terms of use for the Guest WLAN.

Thanks
Michael

3 Replies 3

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

Michael,

You should be able to, I had a client due something similar to that.. You'd need to place the file in one of the folders as part of the spalsh-page and link to it locally.

Why not simply have the terms of use as text on the page? I know personally I would find that annoying, there is no reason I should have to download an untrusted document just to read the terms of use.

daviwatk
Level 3
Level 3

It could be done, but you will want to stay within the limits of the WebAuth bundle size (~ <10MB I believe).  This shouldn't be a problem considering a .doc size, but I have to ask the same question.   Why would you want to do this as opposed to just putting your terms of use inline to the page as just text/html?  Maybe there is a good reason, but I can't really think of any scenario.  Feel free to elaborate.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card