Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't transfer call using CUBE

Carlos Olortiga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I hope someone can help me, this is the problem. I have a CUCM 8.5 whit a CUBE as h323 gateway. CUBE uses SIP to connect to an asterisk system, like this:

CUCM ---h323--- CUBE ---SIP--- Asterisk

Calls work fine, but when i try to transfer a call in CUCM side, it dont work. I was trying modified mtp requiered, but using mtp, i press transfer and nothing happen, if I not use mtp, i press transfer and call get down.

CUBE config is attached, I would really appreciate any help.

Regards

Carlos

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Carlos.

So i suppose asterisk users are using g729 codec or cube definition has been forced to use this codec.

Configure IOS mtp service on cube to use g729 and assign it to a new media resource group on cucm. assign mrgl to h323 gateway.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi Carlos.

Please post the output of a show sccp connections while in call with an asterisk extension.

Can you also post the asterisk sip.conf portion regarding the connection to the cube?

Leave chcked the "Mtp required" option on the CUCM

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Hi Carlo, thanks for your answer, this is waht i get

CUBE_CAM#sh sccp connections

sess_id    conn_id      stype mode     codec   sport rport ripaddr

5          6            xcode sendrecv g711u   18956 2000  172.29.129.1

5          5            xcode sendrecv g729    16602 2000  172.29.129.1

Total number of active session(s) 1, and connection(s) 2

MTP requiered is checked.

Asterisk is manage by other people, I ask for the sip.conf, and I will post it as soon I have it.

Hi Carlos.

Try to apply g711ulaw codec to all CUBE dialpeers a check if something changes.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

I apply g711ulaw for all dialpeers, but now, call rings and fall down when other side answer.

Regards

Carlos

Hi Carlos.

So i suppose asterisk users are using g729 codec or cube definition has been forced to use this codec.

Configure IOS mtp service on cube to use g729 and assign it to a new media resource group on cucm. assign mrgl to h323 gateway.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Carlo,

Actually CUBE use g711ulaw with Asterisk and g729 with CUCM.

CUCM ---h323(g729)--- CUBE ---SIP(g711u)--- Asterisk

I am using an transcoder configured in CUBE as MTP resource in CUCM, and is aplied in an MRGL which is assign to the h323 gateway (CUBE).

Is there any debug can I make which show me what is happening while I press transfer button?

Thanks

Carlos

Hello,

Collect CUCM sdi/sdl traces and filter based on transfer number.You can get to know the reason why the transfer fails.

Thanks

Siva

pls rate if helps you.

Hi Everyone,

Finally I can solve this problem, As Carlo said I just configure an ios MTP g729 on CUBE, and then registered it on CUCM to use in MRGL assigned to h323 gateway. When I try it first time I use an ios transcoder as MTP, but it must to be an ios MTP.

Thanks a lot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: