Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remove (0) from the CUCM corporate directory

alexandre.ratel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My users are using the CUCM corporate directory to look for contacts. The CUCM is currently synchronized with Active Directory server using the "Telephone Number" to synchronized the CUCM field "Phone Number".

My problem is about directory numbers like : +49 (0) 4034563 20-32

Currently when users try to dial this number, the CUCM automatically removes round brackets et dash, so the number dialed is : +49040345632032

I would like to remove (0) in place of just remove round bracket and keep 0. Is it possible to modify the CUCM behavior to obtain +4940345632032 ?

I'm currently using CUCM 8.6

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, this is not possible using the native corporate directory application. The options are:

1. Use another AD attribute (e.g. ipPhone) and populate that attribute the numbers you want to present to Cisco phones

2. Keep the digit presentation the same and see if the CUCM dial plan can be modified to deal with the extra zero (this may or may not jive with your requirements. So, this option may be useless)

3. Build (or have someone build) a custom corporate directory that deals with the digit manipulation so you present exactly what you want to present to the IP phone

4. Purchase an off the shelf corporate directory that provides digit manipulation functionality

I have employed #1 and #3 (sometimes together) for my customers. For #1 it is relatively simple to export telephoneNumber attribute, run it through a filter, and update the AD user object with the ipPhone attribute. It is a little more challenging operationally because you have to ensure this is followed by admins (or automation?). For #3, I use a corporate directory toolkit I developed. If you are savvy with coding then this is do-able or you can hire someone who can do it for you.

Since my company has their own custom directory solution, I have not shopped around too heavily for an "off the shelf" solution. So, I can't make a specific recommendation there.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

http://ucguerrilla.com

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, this is not possible using the native corporate directory application. The options are:

1. Use another AD attribute (e.g. ipPhone) and populate that attribute the numbers you want to present to Cisco phones

2. Keep the digit presentation the same and see if the CUCM dial plan can be modified to deal with the extra zero (this may or may not jive with your requirements. So, this option may be useless)

3. Build (or have someone build) a custom corporate directory that deals with the digit manipulation so you present exactly what you want to present to the IP phone

4. Purchase an off the shelf corporate directory that provides digit manipulation functionality

I have employed #1 and #3 (sometimes together) for my customers. For #1 it is relatively simple to export telephoneNumber attribute, run it through a filter, and update the AD user object with the ipPhone attribute. It is a little more challenging operationally because you have to ensure this is followed by admins (or automation?). For #3, I use a corporate directory toolkit I developed. If you are savvy with coding then this is do-able or you can hire someone who can do it for you.

Since my company has their own custom directory solution, I have not shopped around too heavily for an "off the shelf" solution. So, I can't make a specific recommendation there.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

http://ucguerrilla.com

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Unfortunately the only solution I can use in my case is the second one. So I will try to find the correct translation pattern to deal with E.164 format like : +49 (0) 4034563 20-32

But thanks a lot for your quick answers. Next time I will try to find a off the shelf corporate directory.

Did you ever manage to short this out?

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: