Replies

Write Mem Reloads router

cjoseph23
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3925E router running:

c3900e-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M3.bin

with IPBASE,SECURITY, and UC licenses

If I issue a write mem or a copy run start to save the config the router reloads.  No crash file is produced in flash and the last reload type is normal reload.  Has anyone else experienced anything similiar to this happening?

c3925-CUBE uptime is 10 minutes

System returned to ROM by reload at 21:08:01 UTC Tue Apr 17 2012

System restarted at 21:09:04 UTC Tue Apr 17 2012

System image file is "flash0:c3900e-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M3.bin"

Last reload type: Normal Reload

I can reproduce the behavior.  I have tried it 4-5 times and everytime it builds configuration and then reloads.

Regards,

CJ

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hmmmm ... I've heard of this but not on this version and not on this model.  It's mostly to do with an IOS bug.  Maybe you ought to think about upgrading the IOS.

Yeah - i though we might be running into some weird bug. Interesting is that I have a dozen or so 3925E routers with the same IOS and this is the only one with this behavior.

I will try a different IOS on this one and see what happens.

thanks,

cj

gephelps
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We do not have IPSEC HA configurd on this router.  This router is being used as our CUBE connection to verizon SIP trunk for voice.

We are using High Availability for CUBE via HSRP between 2 3925E routers.  Maybe the issue is similiar to what is in the IPSEC HA link you sent me.  I will do some research and see.

Regards,

CJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: