Views
Helpful
Replies

error when ip communicator register

Phan Minh Son
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

i can't register ip communicator with call manager, i installed Call Manager on wmware and i installed DHCP Server on windows server 2008.

When i configure static ip addres for PC, Ip communicator registed with Call Manager. But when i configure PC to recieve IP Address from DHCP Sever, ip communicator wasn't register with Call Manager ( I configured dhcp option 150 on Dhcp server).

I thinks some configure were wrong. Anybody help me.

Thanks all.

8 Replies 8

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Okay, so if you use DHCP, do you receive an IP address at all?

or is it just the fact that option 150 does not seem to work?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

keithknowles
Level 1
Level 1

Can you verify the subnet mask and gateway configured for your DHCP pool. Also, you won't need an option 150 configured for IP Communicator as you have to specify the TFTP server in the client, that's really only used for IP hard phones.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Is your PC user has an Administrator role? If not please disable the UAC and do it again and see if it helps.

Thanks,

Anand

abarkalg
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

Do you get any IP if you use DHCP? Is there any message that you see?  I think the primary issue is that the PC is not able to get the IP from the DHCP server .

-Abdul

Hi guys,

My PC get IP from DCHP Server, and ip can ping to Call Manager Address. But when i start ip communicator, its screen is registering...  and not at all later

Hi,

Is your PC user has an Administrator role? If not please disable the UAC and do it again and see if it helps.

disable the UAC from control panel -> User Accounts -> User
Access Control Settings -> Disabled by pulling down the control level to
minimum/bottom.

Thanks,

Anand
Pls rate helpful posts !!

Hello,

Can you pls check the following

1.Settings > Status > Status message - Check for any error message like CTL file failed , ITL failed and etc.

2. If CTL file failed , erase the CTL file in CIPC, restart the tftp service that should fix the issue.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Siva

Pls rate if helps you.

keithknowles
Level 1
Level 1

Well, first things first.  I assume you have defined the TFTP server in the settings for IP Communicator?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: