cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to know if a PSTN transferred call has been answered?

Hi,

When no agents are logged on contactac certer, script trasfer calls to an external phone (PSTN) Are there any possibility to know if transferred call has been answared?

The platform are composed for ICM 7.5 and IP IVR 7.0.

Thank you in advance

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How are you transferring the call? In the ICM script via Label or in IVR script?

Chris

Hi Chris,

I could do it in either, via script or via label, but in both ways, I do not know how know the result of the transfer.

What do you recommend me?

Hi Emilio,

You can use the "Call Consult Transfer" step for this purpose. This step also provides you the ability to pass DTMF once the call has been answered:

From the scripting guide:

"Use the Call Consult Transfer step to perform a supervised transfer. The step can be used to outpulse DTMF digits once the destination answers. The transfer will be completed on the destination answering the call and DTMF outpulsing complete (if DTMF digits are specified)."

I have attached a very basic script with this stes used in it (no variables have been populated).

Regards,

Abhiram Kramadhati

Please note that the above mentioned procedure is for transferring using an IVR script.

Regards,

Abhiram Kramadhati

Hi Abhiram,

Thank you for your answer...

I tried to transfer calls with consult call transfer node, but I have two problems:

First, called person seeing the number of the CTI port as calling number, instead of original calling party number, and second, in WebView reports, transferred calls appears as abandoned calls.

How I can avoid these disadvantages?

Thank you

Hi Emilio,

You might find this post useful: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2058072

Please note that currently UCCX behaves in the following way for a consult transfer:

• During the transfer, it displays the transfer number (CTI port)
  • After the transfer is completed successfully, the original calling number is displayed.

Currenlty, there is no option to display the original calling number during the transfer from UCCX.

Regards,

Abhiram Kramadhati

Hi Abhiram,

Chris has mentioned something about do transfer with sending a label, but in this case, I do not know how to know if transferred call has been answered or not.

Do you know how a could get this information?

Thank you

Hi Emilio,

Like i mentioned, the Consult Call transfer lets you have the functionality that you require. If the call is answered, the contrl will go to the "Successful" branch of the step.

Regards,

Abhiram Kramadhati

Hi,

Yes, but in spite of I mark call as "handled" For ICM is abandoned like I can see in webWiew reports.

And is not possible show original calling numbers in alerting state.. Therefore I should consider other option.

Sen a label at CUCM could be interesting but only if I can check out if call has been answered..

Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: