cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

fxo / T1 port selection

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

Currently have h323 gw with a t1 PRi.    I have added an vwic2-fxo card to the gw.  configured pots dp with destination-pattern i am dialing, and added correct port statement dial peer.

debug voice dialpeer shows correct dialpeer is matching, but call is seen as going to pri interface (debug isdn q931), rather than fxo .  even through fxo dp is better match

are there any useful debugs for analog fxo ports.  dont have alot of experience with them

fxo dial peer is

dial-peer voice 52 pots

destination-pattern 91215xxxxxxx

progress_ind alert enable 8

progress_ind progress enable 8

progress_ind connect enable 8

port 0/1/0

forward-digits all

pri dp is

dial-peer voice 2 pots

description LD 11 digit dialing

destination-pattern 91[2-9]T

progress_ind alert enable 8

progress_ind progress enable 8

progress_ind connect enable 8

port 0/0/0:23

forward-digits 11

fxo will be connected to external paging system. 

14 Replies 14

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

i did debug vpm signal, but im not sure how to interpret this

Apr 18 19:08:40.185: htsp_timer_stop3 htsp_setup_req

Apr 18 19:08:40.189: htsp_process_event: [0/1/0, FXOLS_ONHOOK, E_HTSP_SETUP_REQ]             fxols_onhook_setup

Apr 18 19:08:40.189: [0/1/0] set signal state = 0xC timestamp = 0

Apr 18 19:08:40.189: htsp_timer - 1300 msec

Apr 18 19:08:40.445: htsp_process_event: [0/1/0, FXOLS_WAIT_DIAL_TONE, E_DSP_SIG             _1100]fxols_power_denial_proc

Apr 18 19:08:40.445: htsp_timer2 - 1000 msec

Apr 18 19:08:40.445: htsp_timer_stop

Apr 18 19:08:41.445: htsp_process_event: [0/1/0, FXOLS_WAIT_DIAL_TONE, E_HTSP_EV             ENT_TIMER2]fxols_timer2_proc

Apr 18 19:08:41.445: htsp_timer_stop

Apr 18 19:08:41.445: htsp_timer_stop2

Apr 18 19:08:41.445: [0/1/0] set signal state = 0x4 timestamp = 0

Apr 18 19:08:41.445: htsp_process_event: [0/1/0, FXOLS_ONHOOK, E_HTSP_RELEASE_RE             Q]fxols_onhook_release

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You are forwarding all digits including 9, change it to forward-digits 11 on the dial peer and retest.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks for your response.  the above debug was with the port configured as loopstart.  I believe it should be groundstart, im still verifying that.   when i change it to groundstart, im getting this

Apr 18 20:00:28.254: htsp_timer_stop3 htsp_setup_req

Apr 18 20:00:28.254: htsp_process_event: [0/1/0, FXOGS_ONHOOK, E_HTSP_SETUP_REQ]fxogs_onhook_setup

Apr 18 20:00:28.254: [0/1/0] set signal state = 0x0 timestamp = 0

Apr 18 20:00:28.254: htsp_timer - 10000 msec

Apr 18 20:00:34.186: htsp_timer_stop3

Apr 18 20:00:34.186: htsp_process_event: [0/1/0, FXOGS_WAIT_TIP_GROUND, E_HTSP_RELEASE_REQ]fxogs_wait_tip_release

Apr 18 20:00:34.186: [0/1/0] set signal state = 0x4 timestamp = 0

Apr 18 20:00:38.254: htsp_process_event: [0/1/0, FXOGS_ONHOOK, E_HTSP_EVENT_TIMER]

Apr 18 20:01:50.391: htsp_timer_stop3 htsp_setup_req

Apr 18 20:01:50.391: htsp_process_event: [0/1/0, FXOGS_ONHOOK, E_HTSP_SETUP_REQ]fxogs_onhook_setup

Apr 18 20:01:50.391: [0/1/0] set signal state = 0x0 timestamp = 0

Apr 18 20:01:50.391: htsp_timer - 10000 msec

Apr 18 20:01:51.187: htsp_timer_stop3

Apr 18 20:01:51.187: htsp_process_event: [0/1/0, FXOGS_WAIT_TIP_GROUND, E_HTSP_RELEASE_REQ]fxogs_wait_tip_release

Apr 18 20:01:51.187: [0/1/0] set signal state = 0x4 timestamp = 0

Apr 18 20:02:00.391: htsp_process_event: [0/1/0, FXOGS_ONHOOK, E_HTSP_EVENT_TIME

at least with this config, I can hear a noise on the paging system.

thanks again, for your help

Hi,

May be the 2 wire pair is reversed.

The ground has to be applied on the correct wire.

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Thanks for your response.  I believe im getting closer.  I understand now that I need not to wait for dial tone, and that it is accomplished with immediate start.  However, I see an vic2-fxo only offers loop/ground start, so I am not sure how to do this.

Hi,

Immediate start is part of E&M signalling

Regards

Alex

Yep.  thats what my reading has let to also.  Is this E&M under a fxo port?  My understanding is no, the only choices for this are loop/ground.   If I want immediate, I need to use ds0 groups under a T1controller setting.

FXO ports never wait for dial tone. In that sense the debug message is misleading.

What they do, is to detecte current loop when going off-hook.

If there is no current loop (that is different from dialtone), the the call is aborted.

liwhittall
Level 1
Level 1

E&M uses a different interface and WIC althogether. If you're interfacing with a paging system, what kind of system is it?

I am connecting to a Bogen C60B .  I am replacing their legacy pbx with CUCM and this gateway.  Bogen tells me I can use the fxo port and will also need either a UTI1 or TAMB to interface with the C60B.  I have not gotten the UTI1 yet.

Their current pbx vendor tells me that this will work without the uti1, but I need immediate start on the fxo card.  Ive only seen loop/ground on the fxo,  and imediate start on the t1 controller with ds0 groups.

I may just follow Bogens recommendation.

Without an available E&M WIC port, you'll need a seperate interface module, since, as you've noticed, there is no immediate start on Cisco FXO ports. I've never used a UTI1, but I can speak to the TAMB's compatibility with Cisco.

I have an available T1 controller.  See any reason why I couldnt create an e&m port with that?

Have you had good compatibility results with the TAMB?  Bogen suggested the UTI1, b/c it was cheaper.

T1 controller is a different layer 1, so no you won't be able to get that to work.

I have a site with a FXS port on a VG224 terminated to a TAMB hooked to a similar paging amp as you. The only issue I have is a disconnect supervision issue where the TAMB goes back off hook after a page, so dial tone is broadcast for a few seconds. I don't believe this would be a problem were I using FXO. I would assume the UTI1 would work well also, I just have no experience with it.

Hi,

Have a look at this.

http://www.bogen.com/products/pdfs/selfamplifiedpdfs/UTI1m.pdf

You should be able to use your FXO.

I recommend that you set the voice port to GROUNDSTART.

!

voice-port x/x/x

desc *** TO TAMB ***

signal ground

!

Then connext the 2-wire pair to the TAMB on its TRUNK PORT

PBX Ground Start Trunk Port

In this configuration, the unit supplies 24V talk battery, a contact in the Tip circuit, and loop current detector in the

ring line. When the ground start trunk grounds Ring, the unit responds by closing the connection to Tip, which

completes the access procedure.When the loop is opened, the page ends.The unit follows the status of the trunk.

Before proceeding, make sure that the power is disconnected and all other connections are completed. Move the

slide switches on the UTI

to the positions shown below. Use a modular telephone cord to connect the module to

the phone system. Connect the GND STRT terminal on the module to the PBX ground. This is typically the AC

ground for the PBX system.

The center two conductors are Tip and Ring (24V DC) and have a specific polarity as shown. If the polarity that the

trunk requires is opposite, you can use a reversing modular cord to make the connection or reverse the connection

through a modular block.The trunk disconnect feature is available in this mode.

IMPORTANT:

When the GND STRT terminal is connected to earth ground, it is important that none of the UTI

system ground

terminals are connected to earth ground. These terminals may accidentally be connected to earth ground when

external equipment, such as a CD player, tuner, announcement device, etc., is connected to the UTI

1 .The closure return terminals for the Trunk/Page Port jack, the contact closure (GND), the left-most Dry Audio input terminal1 1 talk battery voltage will be shorted to ground and the unit will not

of the Override jack, the C terminal of the Night Ring, and the Tone Trigger input are system ground.The background

music input and page outputs are transformer-isolated and are unaffected by earth ground. If the UTI

system ground is tied to earth ground, then the UTI

function properly.

If this does not work 1st time try reversing the pair in the 2 wire as the correct polalarity is required for GROUNDSTART working

HTH

Alex

Please rate useful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: