Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

WLC 2504 - French characters for guest web login page

Unanswered Question
Apr 19th, 2012
User Badges:

Good day,

I have recently installed a WLC 2504 and I have the following issue:

When I modify the text for the web login page (Under security/Web Auth/Web Auth page), if I use french caracters such as (é, è, à, etc...) in the message body, it does not show up correctly on users computers. As we're a bilingual country, I must put a bilingual text message. Are there any settings or workaround out there to rectify this?

We're on version 7.2.103.0

Thanks,

Eric

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Scott Fella Thu, 04/19/2012 - 07:17
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

You might want to try to create a custom webauth page and upload that to the wlc.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

SkidCisco Thu, 04/19/2012 - 07:39
User Badges:

Thanks Scott, I'll have a look at the documentation.

Right after sending this post, I tried typing the actual HTML code for the character instead and it seems to be working. I'm curious about custom webauth page, we may be able to customize it more than we thought we could do.

Cheers,

Eric

Scott Fella Thu, 04/19/2012 - 07:42
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

You can download a WeAuth bundle from CCO under the controller you have.  Or you can pull the source code from that page on the WLC and work off of that.  When you have to .tar up the file, if you are using Windows, 7-zip works well.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content

Trending Topics - Security & Network