cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IOS Key-Chains and BGP

fsebera
Level 4
Level 4

Can someone confirm or deny that Cisco does not currently support Key-Chains for BGP in IOS?

I know BGP peers can utilize MD5 MANUAL passwords but cannot find anything on Key-Chains for BGP in IOS. (not looking for Cisco XR boxes).

Tks

Frank

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ivan Krimmel
Level 7
Level 7

worth mentioning IOS XR does support BGP keychains ;)

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hi Frank,

I can infirm that IOS supports BGP key-chains.

Dan

Hi Dan,

If you ment to say confirm, would you happen to have a link to a URL for me?

Tks

Frank

Hi Frank

I can infirm that IOS supports BGP key-chains

or

I confirm that IOS does not support BGP key-chains.

or

IOS BGP does not support key-chains

I can give you a documet regarding the TCP MD5 authentication , but I understood that you already know that. I cannot give you a document which will tell you that IOS does not support key-chains

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080b52107.shtml

Regards

Dan

Ivan Krimmel
Level 7
Level 7

worth mentioning IOS XR does support BGP keychains ;)

Hi Ivan,

:

Although I don't have any devices running IOS XR (currently), it is really helpful and much appreciated (by ALL readers) that you provided a clear and useful answer, I'm sure the entire user community applauds you!!!!.

:

THANK YOU

Frank

Hi Frank,

my pleasure! I usually tend not to answer unasked questions, like in this case you were looking for an answer about IOS and I came up with one about IOX, but I currently deal with IOX and just wanted to share where we are on this. I am glad you liked that answer and I suggest you to go for IOS XR one day!

Best regards,

Ivan.

Hi Ivan,

Is IOS XR hardware/platform specific?

Can I upgrade my Cisco IOS based routers (2800, 3800, 7600, ASR series) to support IOS XR?

Tks

Frank

Hi Frank,

yes it is, currently bounded to CRS and ASR9k family, the only hybrid platform is Cisco GSR, i.e. c12000, which you can equipe with IOX if needed.

Under ASR I guess you meant ASR100x family, which runs IOS XE. No plans to ship IOX on it so far.

Also there's currently no IOX emulator like dynamips for IOS which you can use to get a taste of IOX >;(

I hope that clarified!

Hi Ivan,

Yes, ASR1000 series.

Understood!

Thanks

Frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card