cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5505 Security Bundle

codewize
Level 1
Level 1

On the ASA5505's, is it possible to get the features of the Security Bundle on a user count less than unlimited. Basiclly I'd like a 25 or 50 user ASA with the ability to have an inside, outside and DMZ

I'm pretty sure units without the Security Bundle only allow for 2 VLANs.

3 Replies 3

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

Yes, it is very much possible, you can go fsor 10 or 50 users, refer to this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/asa/asa82/license/license82.html#wp190062

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

OK now that doc says that the base license provides 3 VLANs. 2 normal and 1 restricted. What does that mean? Again my goar is to have inside, outside and a DMZ for public Wi-Fi

Can I do that with the base license?

My understanding of this is that you can have 2 normal Vlans (inside and outside) and these you can configure to pass traffic between the interfaces. The restricted Vlan allows you to connect to the DMZ from the outside, but prevents you from being able to pass traffic from the DMZ to the inside.

2.5 Vlans - not great.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: