Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

OnPlus service will not complete Activation

Answered Question
Apr 20th, 2012
User Badges:

We are rolling out the OnPlus service as part of our MSP offering, we have 8 units in place.

The last unit will not activate.

- connected to LAN

- user account setup

- activation code - yes

- activation on LAN - unit recognised MAC code

On - selecting "activate" - the next screen is blank.

We have tried 2 browsers, IE8 & Firefox, updated the Java, no joy.

Any suggestions how to resolve this.

Regards

A

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Correct Answer by aqkazi about 5 years 4 months ago

Hi Austen -

I will look into this, a few questions in the mean time:

Was this the last unit you attempted to activate? I ask because I am thinking if you would be able to register another unit from that browser.

Have you tried clearing cookies or a different computer altogether to test with?

Thanks,

Cisco OnPlus Team

Overall Rating: 0 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
aqkazi Fri, 04/20/2012 - 08:37
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hi Austen -

I will look into this, a few questions in the mean time:

Was this the last unit you attempted to activate? I ask because I am thinking if you would be able to register another unit from that browser.

Have you tried clearing cookies or a different computer altogether to test with?

Thanks,

Cisco OnPlus Team

aclark.ccl Fri, 04/20/2012 - 10:32
User Badges:

This was the last unit installed, Yes.

Cleared the Cookies and a power reset - this allowed us to Activate the unit 1st time.

That's our first International unit in place - the client is already asking for a report to be provided.

Only just got it out of the box - give me a minite .

Thanks for your suggestion.

A

aclark.ccl Fri, 04/27/2012 - 23:40
User Badges:

Wanted to add an update to this discussion - Activation stalling.

We installed a further unit this week.

Again the install appeared to stall at activation - logged into OnPlus portal, local to site with the unit.

Activation key ready, and the unit discovered MAC code correct, select activate - stall, blank screen.

BUT this time we were able to diagnose the fault with confidence, using the OnPlus setup guide - the LED sequence we followed through.

The unit had updated, LED's one and two were displaying - steady green and amber - unit ready to activate.

-

Turned out a faulty port on the switch, moved patch lead to a separate switch, first time activation.

For those that are unsure of these units - we now have 10 in the field, varying installs BUT they have all worked, to date.

We are now building a higher knowledge of what is actually out there on clients networks, devices that were hidden away now appear, iPhones/smartphones, iPads, tablets etc. are now showing up.

BYOD is more widespread than any of our business owners ever understood.

With the information OnPlus is providing, along with client access, they have visibility of the real estate.

P.S.- Malta client - now have their report.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Actions

This Discussion