Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

WLC Guest wireless network isolation

Answered Question
Apr 20th, 2012
User Badges:

Our company recently started selling the Cisco 2504 wireless controller and access points, I've been able to configure it for a previous client but we have a new client that is looking to have two networks a "secure" and "guest".

- The "Secure" network will for for the office staff an will have a hidden SSID and require authencation (haven't decided on one yet)

- The "Guest" network will be for guests and will require a tempoary password for web auth and not be able to see the Admin network at all.

My problem is I don't know how to make the "Guest" WLAN seperate, I'm new to the cisco world so I'm learning alot as I go. I've read about using VLANs to seperate them but my understanding is I would need to configure VLANs on the switch and router also then, I'm hoping to keep configuration to just the WLC as another company manages the router and switch.

Hopefully somone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Correct Answer by Scott Fella about 5 years 4 months ago

The only way you can do this is to use a free port and that would need to connect to your dsl or broadband modem. If you don't have a separate internet connection for guest, then you will need I use vlans. No way around that.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Scott Fella Fri, 04/20/2012 - 13:54
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

The only way you can do this is to use a free port and that would need to connect to your dsl or broadband modem. If you don't have a separate internet connection for guest, then you will need I use vlans. No way around that.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

nathanstrongman Mon, 04/23/2012 - 05:05
User Badges:

Thanks

That's what I was thinking but just wanted to see if there was an easier way.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content