Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask the Expert: Cisco Prime Collaboration Manager

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Read the bioWith Tejas Shah

Welcome to the Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation.This is an opportunity to learn about Cisco Prime Collaboration Manager for monitoring and troubleshooting video infrastructure with Cisco expert Tejas Shah. Tejas Shah is a senior technical marketing engineer for Cisco Prime Infrastructure and Collaboration products. He has deployed Cisco Prime Collaboration Manager at various customer sites to help customers monitor and troubleshoot their video infrastructure. In addition, he is part of the Network Operations Center team at Cisco Live events for six years. Shah joined Cisco in 1995 and was in the Technical Assistance Center team supporting various network management system products for more than six years.

Remember to use the rating system to let Tejas know if you have received an adequate response. 

Tejas might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the Network Infrastructure  sub-community subjects discussion forum shortly after the event. This event lasts through May 4 , 2012. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

10 Replies 10

Jessica Deaken
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Tejas,

I am considering Mediatrace but I am having hard time getting informatoin on the routers that support it. Can you provide a list of the routers taht supports Mediatrace?

Thank you,

Jessica

Hello Jessica,

There are few way to find out which devices support medianet.  If you want you can check out the Whitepaper for this application at http://www.cisco.com/go/cpcm and go to WhitePaper.   The is a deployment guide that talks about it.

If you need to get the latest devices supporting medianet, you can use the feature navigator at http://www.cisco.com/go/fn and search for medianet.

Update: I have added a more detailed procedure to finding the right image for your platform:

Here is how you can find out which devices support mediatrace (Part of Medianet that is used in Cisco Prime COllab Manager):

1. Go to www.cisco.com/go/fn

2. Click on "Search by Feature"

3. On the new window, left side, type in "mediatrace" for "Filter By" field.

4. Click on Filter

5. Select either "Mediatrace 1.0" or Both 1.0 and 2.0 and add them to the right pane.

6. Click Continue to get list of Image trains that support it.

7. There will be a new pane below this which allows you to see all the IOS* trains that support this feature.

8. Click on the image and you can follow the workflow until you find the right match for your platform.

Hope this helps,

Tejas

Hi there,

I tried to find more about medianet and seems to me many features are not even available yet. Do you agree that main features will be available at the end of this year?

What was official release date for the first version of Prime Collaboration Manager (or if you prefer, what was the FCS)? No need for exact day, I just need an idea how mature this product is.

Finally, one technical detail: is Prime Collaboration Manager using MSI for communication with routers?

Regards,

Tenaro

Hello Tenaro,

Great questions.. Please see my responses inline.

tenaro.gusatu.novici wrote:

Hi there,

I tried to find more about medianet and seems to me many features are not even available yet. Do you agree that main features will be available at the end of this year?  ==> Can you please let me know what features in particular you are talking about.  Cisco Prime Collaboration Manager 1.1 support Performance Monitoring, as well as Mediatrace already.  Its is already FCS'd.

What was official release date for the first version of Prime Collaboration Manager (or if you prefer, what was the FCS)? No need for exact day, I just need an idea how mature this product is. ==> Cisco Prime Collaboration Manager 1.1 is already FCS'd.  This is the second release.   Release 1.2 is in its beta testing phase and will be out by Mid/End of Summer 2012.

Finally, one technical detail: is Prime Collaboration Manager using MSI for communication with routers?

==> No, it doesn't use MSI.  It uses combination of SNMP, HTTP, Telnet/SSH to talk to routers for medianet functionality.

Regards,

Tenaro

Hello Tejas. I have a Cisco Unified Communications Manager and I worker if it will work with the Cisco Prime Collaboration Manager. Can you please confirm and if so, which version should I use on both the Cisco Unified Communications Manager and the Cisco Prime Collaboration Manager? A table with the corresponding versions would help.

Thanks a lot,

Chris

Chris,

Cisco Prime Collaboration Manager 1.1 will support Communications Manager devices running system version 8.6 or later.

Best Regards,

Tejas

Jessica Deaken
Level 1
Level 1

Another question, Tejas, 

Does Collaboration Manager require any agents to be installed on Cisco TelePresence endpoints?

Thank you,

Jessica

No Jessica, there is no need for any agents to be installed for Cisco Prime Collaboration Manager to work. We can either directly talk to the end points or get the information from the video infrastructure.

Best Regards,

Tejas

mportilla
Level 1
Level 1

hola, tejas

tengo problemas con el firmware de un equipo cisco aironet 1310g, cuando intente hacer actualizacion de firmware por medio de la plataforma web presento un error y se perdio la configuracion del anterior firmware, ahora me he conectado por medio de hyperterminal al dispositivo y me lleva a un ciclo en el cual me muestra errores de carga de firmware, deseo saber como recuperar la configuracion que tenia o como cargo un nuevo firmware via tftp. por favor ayuda!!

Gracias.

Hola Mario,

Este evento de Pregunte a los expertos es sobre el Cisco Prime Collaboration Manager.

Quireo invitarte a hacer to pregunta en la comundad de wireless en espanol localizada en https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/spanish/wireless/general_wireless

Ahi podras hacer todas tus preguntas en espanol sobre wireles. Por cierto que en dos semanas habra un webcast en Espanol sobre wireles. Te invitamos a que te registres. Visita https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/spanish/

Muchas gracias.

Monica Lluis

Community Moderator

I hope you and your love ones are safe and healthy
Monica Lluis
Community Manager Lead
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco